General

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Roborio 2.0 unrecoverable error

Hello, I am Mert, student from team 8828 EalRobotics our roborio 2.0 giving an error while running it with sdcard and without it, if i change the sd card from the original one the lights are the same with withoutsd video also the original and our sd card has the same image in it. I uploaded two videos to attachments with a sd and without a sd. Can this issue solved or is there a chance to we get a replacement?

thanks in advance.

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(408 Views)

Looking at those two videos, we're seeing two different behaviors.

Without SD - you're seeing the flashing STATUS LED which does suggest "unrecoverable."  This makes sense.  You've removed the storage that holds the OS so the roboRIO doesn't know how to boot up and is saying "I can't recover from this."  You're also seeing the green POWER LED here because there isn't any logic to override this.

With SD - you're seeing a red POWER LED which suggests you have a short somewhere.  The quickest way to troubleshoot this is to open up the Driver Station while connected to this roboRIO device.  That should show a red bar next to the lightning tab.  You can click on that and it should tell you which power rail is shorted.  Once you have that, we'll want to do some cleaning around that connection.  You likely have a metal shaving on (or under) that connection that's making this occur.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(324 Views)