High-Speed Digitizers

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I make my PCI5102 card trigger externally using LV8?

1)  I am trying to create a VI that will act like an oscilloscope using a PCI5102 digitizer.
     I  would like to trigger the board externally using a trigger pulse to the
     TRIG port, and to capture data on Ch0 and Ch1. 

Following the tutorial help online, I made the attached VI.  However, it does not seem to trigger
     properly.  I receive an error

Error -1074126845 occurred at Error occurred at:  niScope Multi Read Cluster.vi:1

Possible reason(s):
         Driver Status:  (Hex 0xBFFA2003)
         Maximum time exceeded before the operation completed.

Possibly no trigger received. Buffers done: 0, Points done: 0.000000.

I have checked and verified that the EXTERNAL TRIGGER is selected and that a trigger
     pulse is being supplied to the TRIG portl.

Any ideas?

2)  I would appreciate any examples of VIs for simulating scopes.  Though I checked online, I could
     not seem to find VIs for the 5102.  Clearly I must not be looking in the right place.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(8,106 Views)
Hi MSUM,

I took a quick look at your code... one thing you definetely want to do is to move your Initialize and Close VI's out of the loop. You don't need to start and close a Scope session each loop iteration.

You can find some really good examples by browsing through the Example Finder in LabVIEW (Help > Find Examples). Browse to Hardware Input and Output > Modular Instruments > NI-Scope. A good example to start with is "niScope EX Configured Acquisition.vi" located under the General folder.

I hope this is helpful.

Cheers,
Garrett H
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(8,091 Views)
The 5102 uses the standard NI-SCOPE API, so most NI-SCOPE examples are valid for it.  Exceptions are examples which exploit capabilities the 5102 does not have, such as video triggering.  You can also program the 5102 using traditional DAQ (not DAQmx), but this is not recommended and is being deprecated.

Note that the NI-SCOPE Soft Front Panel, an oscilloscope emulator, is written in LabVIEW and supports the 5102 using NI-SCOPE.  If there is something it does that you would like to do and cannot figure out, let us know.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(8,079 Views)

may i ask a question that is  my pci5102 has no driver. in the management  is  a yellow Exclamation mark。 could you tell me where can i download it  and pls show a link . thanks. also here is my mailbox:283669342@qq.com

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,693 Views)

The PCI-5102 card is now obsolete and unsupported, but here are some steps you could try:

First, you must be using a 32-bit Windows operating system.  There are no 64-bit drivers for the PCI-5102.

The last version of NI-SCOPE to support PCI-5102 was NI-SCOPE 18.7.  You may download it from here:

https://download.ni.com/support/softlib/high_speed_digitizers/niscope/18.7/NISCOPE1870.zip

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,662 Views)