Hobbyist Toolkit

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Arduino disconnects When LV Executable Runs

Hi Guys,

I've been at this problem for some time now.

I have an executable file that has been built on Win10 64bit Laptop with LV2017 64bit. I am executing the file on a Win7 64bit PC with an Arduino Uno connected through USB 2.0.

At start-up on Win7 64bit PC, NI MAX v18.0 shows the Arduino as:

- Port Binding: COM9

- Port Description: Arduino Uno

When I execute my LV2017 64bit executable file, the LINX initialise runs normally but then won't execute any other LINX commands.

I've found that as soon as LINX Initialise has finished, NI MAX shows:

- Port Binding: COM9

- Port Description: Unknown Device

If I rerun the executable, I now receive Error 5003 "Cannot Initialise"

Closing the executable changes it back to Port Description: Arduino Uno but same issue happens if I rerun the executable.

Is this something to do with the Build options?

Some suggestions have been made online:

1) "If Arduino disconnects randomly then it may be that it's not receiving enough power"

- I have bought a 9V 2A AC Adapter, this doesn't change anything

2) "Attempt this with Blinking LED.vi"

- This has been done and it works with no issues

3) "Make sure the Port settings are correct"

- Baud Rate: 9600, Data Bits: 8, Parity: None, Stop Bits: 1, Flow Control: None

4) "Try VISA Test Panel to write *IDN?\n"

- Tried this and it received Return Count: 6 bytes, no error. In Unknown Device state it won't open the Test Panel

5) "Maybe your code from the other executable is the issue?"

- I'm confident that the other code is not interfering with this problem as 2) has the same issue and error occurs immediately after LINX Initialise. All the code does is (i) Initialise, (ii) Set DIO 4 to True, (iii) Set DIO 4 to False, (iv) Close. I suspect a build setting problem but not sure which

6) "Do you have the correct drivers?"

- Yes, LINX Pre-Built Firmware Updated to Arduino Uno

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(987 Views)

Update:

I'm trying to build the code without Enable Debugging. However, I have some missing dependencies which may have been causing the issue in the first place.

Almost all of the dependencies that are missing are from the myRIO folder (which I don't have installed and can't seem to find). Can someone assist with this?

Another missing dependency is Renci.SshNet.dll from the expected path "c:\Users\samkristoff\..." I'm not sure where this path has came from. Can this be explained?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(941 Views)