Industrial Communications

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Comsoft Profibus DP With Segment Coupler Connection Issues

This is not a firmware issue but a default mode a Master/Slave Module will enter with this firmware.

You have to disable the Autoslave mode in order to use it as a Master. The driver brings an example that allows you to do that. (Slave_AutoSlave).

DirkW

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 16
(3,741 Views)

I have verified that the AutoSlave mode is off and was off when the originial error message appeared.  The error message is still persisting.  I've checked everything that I can think of with no success.  Any help would be appreciated.

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 16
(3,740 Views)

Please check if the cRIO PB is reachable. Open the Hardware selection dialog (menu: Online --> Driver selection...) within Configurator II. Press the "VISA-Config." button, select the cRIO PB hardware and then press OK. If you get the same error message "Error in communication with...", refer to the "cRIO PB DP Master Getting Started" manual and check the required settings - especially the VISA settings within the NI-MAX under "My System-->Software-->NI-VISA-->VISA Options-->Remote + Security" and "Remote Systems-->cRIO-->Software-->NI-VISA-->VISA Options-->Security". If the settings are ok and the error is still existing send (mailto:support@comsoft.de) the 3 log files of the Configurator II.

Michael

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 16
(3,726 Views)

All the settings look fine to me in MAX.  I am actually able to download the configuration to the cRIO module with the error message appearing when I try the "Monitor / Modify connect."  I have sent the three log files to support@comsoft.de.

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 16
(3,724 Views)

DirkW,

I have been in contact with Comsoft over the past month trying to track down the problem with the cRIO PB module with no success.  They now recommend that I either get a loaner module or a replacement.  Do you know who I should contact about getting said replacement?  I tried to do a support request but the only support for Profibus is through the forums.  Any help would be appreciated.

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 16
(3,704 Views)

Hello,

I have the same issue, I have cRIO 68, I could not access the link posted, can somebody help? Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 16 of 16
(3,291 Views)