cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error while working with Devicenet in cRIO

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello,

I'm trying to use the example codes for Industrial Communications using DeviceNET. I have the NI 9882 on a NI 9114 chassis and 9014 controller. I have all the drivers for DeviceNET, RIO, Realtime/FPGA, ect. When I try to run any of the Example projects I keep getting this error:

DeviceNetLIB.lvlib:Wait For State.vi loaded with errors on the target and was closed.
LabVIEW: Failed to load shared library nidnetapi.*:ncWaitForState:C. Ensure that the library is present on the RT target. Use MAX to install NI software or FTP to transfer custom libraries to the RT target.

Can anyone help me identify the problem and how to solve it. 

Thanks in advance.

Jose

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(6,913 Views)

Hello,

I managed  to solve this by addind NI-IndComm for DeviceNET driver on MAX under Remote System. Now I'm getting error -1074388988 on one of the subVI's of IndComm for DeviceNET. IF anyone may know why this is happening, please let me know.

Jose

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(6,902 Views)

The subVI is Open DeviceNet Interface.vi. Please, if anyone can get back to me soon, I would really appreciate it.

Thanks

Jose

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(6,898 Views)

Hi Jose,

Try using the example. You need to compile a dummy FPGA VI and run it with your main RT VI in order to get the driver recognizing the module.

Besides the module needs external 24 volts power supply.

Hope that helps.

DirkW

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(6,892 Views)

DirkW,

I am using the basic IO examples, and I configured the Dummy VI to the hardware that I have. I am, now, accomplishing contact with the equipment; however, I'm getting error BFF62001 on the Wait for State.vi. I know that this has to do with the VI timing out before desired state occurred. But I don't know why is that.

I think the problem has something to do with the parameters. For instance, I have no record of "expected packet rate" for the system connected to it. I also don't know if there if the interface name could affect the communication since there is only one device connected to the 9882. I know that the Mac ID, baud rate, poll mode, and input and output size are correct. 

If it helps I'm trying to communicate with a CPX FB11 from Festo. 

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(6,890 Views)

Does the "GetDevicelist" VI work and you can see your device? If not you should check termination on your cabling make sure you have not more or less then 125 Ohms on both ends of the cable.

For the cRIO module you can use the "setdriverattribute" VI and enable the termination on board.

Set onboard termination enabled.JPG

DirkW

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(6,862 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Jose_Perez

DirkW,

My problem was that I was using the same MAC Address for the Interface IN and Device ID. Now I fixed it and It's working well.

Thanks,

Jose

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(6,858 Views)