Industrial Communications

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting Unknown NI-CAN status code 3ff6200 (1073094656) when using USB-8473

The program being used was written for use with PCI-CAN/2, however, when trying to use USB-8473 I receive the following unknown error:  1073094656.  If necessary I can provide the C++ code.  Thanks in advance for any help.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(6,609 Views)

Good Morning SLog,

I was not able to find any information regarding that error.  What version of the NI-CAN driver do you have?  There are some NI-CAN Text Based Examples that you can try to run just to make sure everything is configured correctly.  You can make sure to include them in the installation the NI-CAN driver by following the steps at this KnowledgeBase article.

Also, could you provide us with a screen shot of the error?  I hope you have a great rest of the day!

-Cody C 

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(6,606 Views)

Thank you for your quick response.  I have tried driver versions 2.5, 2.5.2, and 2.7.2 and I receive the same results using each one.  I have attached two files, one containing the output of the status code in a log file and the other is the c++ class that contains the method - NCTYPE_STATE _NCFUNC_ PortCallback(NCTYPE_OBJH ObjHandle, NCTYPE_STATE State, NCTYPE_STATUS Status, NCTYPE_ANY_P RefData) .  The NI-CAN status code is written out within this method (line 98).

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(6,603 Views)

Good Afternoon,

I haven't had a chance to take a look at your code yet, but do you think you could attach a screen shot of the error you were getting?  Also, did you try running an example from the NI-CAN driver?  I hope you have a great rest of the day!

-Cody C

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(6,597 Views)

Did this question ever get answered? I am seeing the same error message using a USB-8473 when calling the ncWaitForState function. I do not receive this error when using an old PCI-CAN Series 2 card or the new PCI-8512 Series 2 card.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(3,350 Views)