Industrial Communications

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Modbus communication with Panasonic MINAS A6 servo drives

Dear All,

I need some help in controlling panasonic MINAS-A6  Servo drive model drive with Modbus control from LabVIEW. Has any one did this kind of application before. ?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 11
(10,818 Views)

hi have you met solution for the post

Message 2 of 11
(9,995 Views)

Hi there, I've done the application to control the MINAS-A6 servo driver before.

First, you need to define what communication you want to use, either RS232 or RS485. Then you will need to refer the full user manual to wire the X2 connector to be connected to the servo driver, based on RS232 or RS485 configuration. For my case, I've used the RS485 since I want to control 4 servo motor in a program simultaneously.

Referring to MINAS-A6 Modbus manual, you'll need to configure the servo driver parameters to enable the Modbus RS232/RS485 using Panaterm software through USB communication.

Then you'll need to set up the block operation of the servo driver so that your LabVIEW could control the servo by executing the block operation based on the address listed in the Modbus manual.

Finally, when everything is ready, you can start off writing your simple VI to try communicate with the servo driver.

I've included the test VI and MINAS-A6 Modbus manual for your further reference.

Hope this will help you, good luck.

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 11
(9,715 Views)

Hello yazidroslan,

I need your help in controlling MINAS-A6 servo driver using RS-485/RS232 Communication,Please respond on here.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 11
(8,023 Views)

Hi Dilip1441,

Have you followed the instructions given from my previous post?

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 11
(8,014 Views)

Dear sir,

Actually I don't know how to communicate with MINAS-A6 using Modbus, I want to control MINAS-A6 Servo using Ethernet to Modbus converter module,Please tell me Which commands i need to give from the PC and the order of the commands,Please support on this Thank you.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 11
(8,010 Views)

Can anyone convert this VI to LV 2016 for me? 

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 11
(7,248 Views)

Can anyone convert this VI to LV 2016 or lower version for me? 

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 11
(7,240 Views)

Here you go, kindly find attached .vi

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 11
(7,187 Views)

Thank you👍

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 11
(7,182 Views)