Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Agilent Waveform generator voltage setting

Hi,

i m trying to control Agilent 33220A Arbitrary Waveform Generator through Labview.
i want to read digital binary lines of numbers from generator when i set software trigger.

The program looks generally ok ( include some lacks)

The point is, i couldn't set the amplitude as 3.3 Vpp. it always show me 2 Vpp on my scope screen..

i attached the VIs ..

i also want to say that, if the first member of binary line is zero, generator waiting on 'LOW' position for software trigger,
on the contrary waiting on 'HIGH' position. i can solve this by adding extra bits to binary line...

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,496 Views)

Hi davut,

Let's try to isolate the problem. Are you sure that the correct waveform data is being written to the function generator?

To check that, open your program and double click on your Agilent Create Waveform VI and then place a probe on the output of the Agilent Scale Arbitrary Waveform. Refer to attached screenshot. What is the amplitude of the waveform that you see on your probe?

Also, what are the versions of  NI-VISA, NI-488.2, LabVIEW and  Agilent Technologies 33220A Function Generator drivers on your machine?

Mikhail
RF Toolkits, Product Support Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(3,472 Views)

Hi MikhailK,

thanks for your interest...

i checked the probe as you refer to and it turns the waveform values from (0 , 3.3 ) to (0 , 8191) (see: AgilentScaleArbitraryWaveformOutput.png)
It s because 'AgilentScaleArbitraryWaveform' block scaling from [... 0 0 3,3 3,3 0 0.. ] to [ ..0 0 1 1 0 0..] and multiplying with 8191 (see : AgilentScaleArbitraryWaveformInside.png).

Software:

Labview 2011
NI-VISA 5.1.0
Agilent33220 IVI Driver 1.3.3.0
Agilent IO Libraries Suite

i didn't set up NI-488.2, but i set up drivers searching through 'Measurement&Automation' interface (see:agg33xxxDriver.png). I thought, it will also support NI 488.2 ..

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,460 Views)

By the way, i m connected to waveform generator through USB..

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(3,456 Views)