Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CAMAC 8901a VISA Read incorrect

Hello,
I am running LabVIEW 8.0 under Windows XP and have no communications problems through an NI USB-GPIB-HS adapter.  I am communicating with a CAMAC crate through the LeCroy 8901A GPIB interface, so I had to download the necessary drivers online from ni.com.  I write the correct value to the crate module of interest, but when I read what I had written using LC8901A Read Single.vi I get the incorrect value returned.  It "appears" as though the bits corresponding to the value '10' are always set, so if I write 0 I get 10, write 1, get 11, write 2, get 10, write 3, get 11, write 4, get 14, and so on.  I haven't been able to find anything pertaining to this specific issue in the discussion forum, so I would really appreciate any help I can get. 

Thanks.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,353 Views)

Hello,

One thing to do is to query your GPIB instrument in the Measurement and Automation Explorer by right clicking on the instrument and choosing to Communicate with Instrument (It writes a command and then reads from the device) to see if you get the same results.  If this still occurs, run NI-SPY to do a spy capture which will display all of the communication on the bus to see where the error may be occuring.  If the query in the Measurement and Automation Explorer is correct then run the spy capture while running the Read Single.vi also make sure the instrument is set to single transfer mode.

Daryl E
National Instruments
Applications Engineer

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(3,336 Views)

Sir,

I also wish to Use Lecroy 2249A and 8901A interface with Labview. Please tell me more about the drivers needed tobe downloaded form ni.com and also the USB adapter too.

Presently there is  a i/o card very old sitting on the Motherboard of the DOS based PC which I wish to change.

Thanks,

Mandakini

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,858 Views)

The 8901A driver is here and information on GPIB controllers.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,851 Views)