Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connecting to Delta CompSystems RMC75E using RMCLink Instrument Driver

Solved!
Go to solution

I am having trouble connecting to a Delta CompSys RMC75E over Ethernet using Labview.  I have downloaded the LV instrument driver and installed it in the instr. folder, this is dcsRMCxxx version 1.2.  I also installed RMCLink from Delta's website, version 3.0a.  I did notice that the Labview 8.5 driver in this folder is version 1.0.  I get the following error when I try to connect using one of the example VI’s : 

Error 1555 occurred at Unknown System Error in

dcsRMCxxx Series.lvlib:dcsCOMM_RMCLink.lvclass:ReadFloats.vi

->dcsRMCxxx Series.lvlib:dcsRMCbase.lvclass:ReadFloats.vi

->dcsRMCxxx Series.lvlib:dcsRMC70.lvclass:GetPlotLayout.vi

->dcsRMCxxx Series.lvlib:dcsRMCbase.lvclass:ReadTrend.vi

->dcsRMCxxx Series.lvlib:dcsRMCbase.lvclass: PlotTrend.vi

->RMC75e Series Control and Trending.vi

Possible reason(s):

LabVIEW:  Property or invoke node is corrupt.

When I try to replace the invoke node in the ReadFloats.vi I get another error:

ActiveX TypeLib mismatch detected (1 warning)

C:\Program Files\National Instruments\Labview 2009\instr.lib\dcsRMCxxx Series\Private\dcsCOMM_RMCLink\ReadFloats.vi (dcsRMCxxx Series.lvlib:dcsCOMM_RMCLink.lvclass:ReadFloats.vi)

-Expected TypeLib with CLSID {E430ED85-D7FA-4303-92BD-68B671F234AB} and Version 2.0, but expected Version 3.0.

I am using Labview 2009, student edition.  I have LV 8.2 full version but wanted to try out the latest drivers on 2009.  I also installed the LV modbus but get another error with that as well, Error 6003 occured at MODBUS Exception code 3.  I get these errors for our RMC on the local Ethernet connection and for Delta's online RMC’s.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(4,197 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author stuee426

Fixed it by replacing the invoke nodes in the Initialize.vi and the constant in the class private data.  The ActiveX warning can be ignored. 

Message 2 of 4
(4,165 Views)

Excuse me if this a silly question but I am getting close to the same error and am new to Labview. What did you replace the invoke nodes with? I can find the errors but do not know how to resovle the problem.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,803 Views)

It sounds like you may just need to replace the invoke nodes with a new instance of themselves. 

KyleP
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(3,790 Views)