Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error -1073807313 occurred at VISA Write and Error -1073807346 occurred at Property Node (arg 1) in VISA Configure Serial Port

The following 2 errors keep occuring everytime i try to run the code to control a stepper motor through serial communication.

I have created many sub VIs for the various movements of the motor and am calling all the sub VIs in one higher level VI.

Please somebody help me out with this.. its part of my project.

Thanx.

Error -1073807313 occurred at VISA Write in X.vi->inc1.vi

Possible reason(s):

VISA:  (Hex 0xBFFF002F) You must be enabled for events of the specified type in order to receive them.

Error -1073807346 occurred at Property Node (arg 1) in VISA Configure Serial Port (Instr).vi->YN.vi->inc.vi

Possible reason(s):

VISA:  (Hex 0xBFFF000E) The given session or object reference is invalid.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(4,011 Views)

Did you try a search?

The first one is pretty explicit. You're trying to use events, but have not registered them. Have you looked at the shipping examples on how to use VISA events? Open the Example Finder (Help -> Find Examples) and search for "serial". Open the example called "Detect Break Event".

The second is also pretty explicit. It indicates you are not providing a valid VISA reference. Have you verified that you are correctly passing the VISA reference to the subVIs?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(4,002 Views)

Well thanx...

First of all, I am new to instrument control via serial comm.

So I dont really have any idea as to how to register beak events in the code.

If you could help me with that..that ll be great..

Secondly, I am passing the VISA reference inside each of the subVIs. Is that correct or should I pass it through the main higher level VI?

And yeah I did try a search.. but couldnt get anything exacting to my situation and the amount of detail that I was looking for.

Thanx...

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,992 Views)

Please post your code. Be sure to include the subVIs.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(3,982 Views)