Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LabVIEW Driver for DG5101

Solved!
Go to solution

If you would like to create a LabVIEW wrapper for your IVI driver, you should download and install the LabVIEW Instrument Driver Import Wizard from http://www.ni.com/devzone/idnet/development.htm. Here is the direct link to its download page: https://lumen.ni.com/nicif/us/infolvinstdriver/content.xhtml

Once you install this tool, open LabVIEW and go to Tools menu > Instrumentation >  Import LabWindows/CVI Instrument Driver... and launch the tool. On the first window, the basic option is selected by default. Click on Next. Browse to your driver's FP file (C:\Program Files\IVI Foundation\IVI\Drivers\rgdg5k). Click Next. Click Next again. The tool should run and create LabVIEW VIs. Close LabVIEW and open it again and then you will be able to see your driver on the palette.

0 Kudos
Message 21 of 26
(1,955 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author perikillo

Here is your driver saved in LabVIEW 2010, which can be used in LabVIEW 2010 and later versions of LabVIEW.

0 Kudos
Message 22 of 26
(1,954 Views)

Thanks a lot gagi1!! You are the best!

I have one last question about this. I installed the driver that you attached above and from InstrumentI/O > Instrument Drivers > rgdg5k I can use (put in the block diagram) the VIs close, initialize, initialize with options...

But when I try to open rgdg5k VI Tree.vi or the example generate std wfm.vi for example, the software starts to search a file called rgdg5k_64.dll but I don't know where is this fil. Do you know where I can find this dll file? And if not, the VI won't work?

0 Kudos
Message 23 of 26
(1,944 Views)

I doubt that this driver has 64-bit support. The 32-bit DLL is located under C:\Program Files (x86)\IVI Foundation\IVI\Bin. You should probably copy your LabVIEW driver to C:\Program Files (x86)\National Instruments\LabVIEW 20XX\instr.lib.

0 Kudos
Message 24 of 26
(1,941 Views)
What do you know. The import CVI wizard is actually still supported.
0 Kudos
Message 25 of 26
(1,938 Views)

I think this driver is only for 32-bit version. I found the 32-bit dll but the 64-bit dll doesn't exist. I will try without that (ignoring it when labview asks for the dll file).

0 Kudos
Message 26 of 26
(1,929 Views)