Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LabWindows - control Tektronix scope using VISA

I am trying to pull basic data from my TDS3054C using NI-VISA commands, and am using LabWindows to do so. The scope is connected via Ethernet. I have run through the example scripts that came with LabWindows, however, I could not get them to work with my scope. I am able to access the scope via NI-MAX, and I think I have successfully opened a session with the scope via my C script. I would like to pull any basic data from the scope to confirm (such as volts/division for each channel or something). I have found the programmers manual for this scope (https://download.tek.com/manual/071038103web.pdf). I really just don't know what commands and syntax I would use to do so. viread? viwrite? viscanf? I would love an example script for TCPIP using VISA commands with some basic commands to pull information from the scope. I am new to all of this so any information in digestible pieces would be appreciated.

Thanks,

- Al

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(352 Views)

Does anyone have any examples other than the ones given with LabWindows? Any resources at all?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(283 Views)