Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lack of compatibility between LabView4 and VISA

I am working with LabView4 (Windows95). I have installed NI-VISA 2.6.1 for Windows 2000/95/95/ME/NT/XP. When I use the Measurement & Automation Explorer I can comunicate with serial (but only COM2 although it sees COM1 and COM2). When I use LabView I cant comunicate with serial. When I use the Visa Find Resource I get the error code 1 (the Visa doesnt see the resources). In the Visa Interactive Control I have changed Compatibility Mode to LabVIEW.

What should I do ?

pls help
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,782 Views)

I think that the Measurement & Automation Explorer doesnt see LabView version 4. After expanding the Software category in the configuration tree I dont see the Labview.

What shuld I do?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,779 Views)

Hi edyta,

Are you able to communicate with both COM ports outside of LabVIEW (ie. Hyperterminal)?  Also, it may be possible that LabVIEW 4 does not show up in Measurement and Automation Explorer since this combination of software has not been testing with LabVIEW 4.  LabVIEW 4 is very old and no longer supported, so unfortunately, there is limited support documentation.  If it is possible to upgrade, I would also recommend that.  The current version is LabVIEW 8.2.  Let me know if you have any questions!

Chris R.
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,756 Views)