Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Matlab control PXI-5691 RF Amplifier

Hi,

We have encountered a problem using the virtual instrumentation driver IVI of the PXI-5691 RF amplifier in Matlab.

The board has very few funtions but we need to be able to control them from the system environment (Matlab).

We can identify and see the functions as VXIpnp (not as IVI) after installing the NI package and the Matlab IVI driver generator seem to do its job without error messages.

However, when we try to open the object there is a broken link (to the NI-IVI driver).

Moving the dll to the IVI search path gives another later error. (somthins with file format not consistent with host...)

Does anybode control this board over Matlab? (Any suggestions on how to solve the problem?).

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(997 Views)

I'd suggest you call NI support.  They can help, or point you in the right direction.  If you find a solution, come back here and document it for the next person. 😉

Good luck.

Craig

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(954 Views)

Hi Craig,

Got  this reply from NI last week.

///

sadly I cannot help with technical questions.
Please reach out to our support team or our customer forum for this.

Support - NI

https://www.ni.com/de-de/support.html
///

That's why I reached out to the community.

I will keep you posted.

/bob

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(949 Views)

Was that a Service Request or just an email to support?  I'd put in a formal Service Request - https://www.ni.com/my-support/s/service-requests

You should be able to talk to an engineer that works on the product.  I usually talk to my local NI rep, then arrange with them to get help, but the website should work too.

Craig

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(943 Views)

It was an e-mail to the guy that sold them to me (or rather the replacement guy, the other was in paternity leave).

My old contact was very helpful and knowledgeable when we bought them. Got me all the technical information I needed.

Thanks for the link, will try it!

/bob

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(936 Views)