Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NI MAX VISA Error

Awesome!! Was it the force reinstall of NI-VISA that solved the problem?

Adena L.
Technical Support Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 11 of 16
(1,525 Views)

yes. force reinstall of NI-VISA 17.5.

I did a force reinstall previously which did not solve the problem, but possibly, (I'm not very sure) I force reinstalled not that last available version. I also cleaned up as much as possible before that last succesfull force reïnstall.

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 16
(1,514 Views)

If your problem has been solved, then please mark message 8 where the idea was given as the answer and Kudo any other entries that helped you towards the solution.

Help the Community (and future reviewers) by marking posts as follows:
If it helped - KUDOS
If it answers the issue - SOLUTION
0 Kudos
Message 13 of 16
(1,503 Views)

I kudo'd the member who has posted msg 8 but am unable to mask as anwser

I think It's for the originator of this message thread to mark msg 8 as the answer.

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 16
(1,460 Views)

I had the same issue, however I could not perform a force-reinstall because I installed from the NI Package manager, rather than from individual setup files or disk images. I attempted to uninstall/reinstall NI VISA with the NI Package Manager but still got the VISA error. What corrected the issue for me was this: I went and confirmed the following three files were on my system, and none were from third party manufacturers (by checking Properties --> Details):

c:\windows\system32\visa32.dll

c:\windows\system32\visa64.dll

c:\windows\SysWOW64\visa32.dll

The third file was missing. There was a version of it called visa32.dll.restore, however removing the word "restore" at the end did not fix the issue. I found the file on a different computer running Labview, copied it over, rebooted, and everything worked.

For what it's worth, on my setup, if I check Properties --> Details on the first two files, they are from IVI Foundation. The third is from NI.

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 16
(1,257 Views)

Hey,

I worked with LabVIEW 32bit on Windows 64bit Windows10

sorry

0 Kudos
Message 16 of 16
(1,183 Views)