Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NI-VISA仪器操作时超时

My instrument is Aglient 8153A, and the driver, VISA driver, and NI-488.2 have been installed. When I test the instrument on the instrument test panel in NI MAX, the address of the instrument can be displayed: GPIB0::5::INSTR, but the input Command symbol: *IDN?\n always prompts that the operation timed out. I am using the GPIB-USB bus, so I follow https://knowledge.ni.com/KnowledgeArticleDetails?id=kA00Z0000019L3mSAE&l=zh-CN but still can’t solve; However,there is also an Aglient 8163B I have been able to test successfully, can communicate normally, and perform instrument joint debugging. Therefore, I want to ask me what went wrong in this situation

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 15
(1,857 Views)

Hello,

You need to install NI VISA and NI-488.2. Both need to be the same version as your LabVIEW.

For example if you use LabVIEW 19, they need to be both 19-th version.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 15
(1,788 Views)

Okay thank you,I will try it . But I am currently using Labview 18, NI-VISA 18, NI-488.2 17, and I can communicate normally when connecting 8163B instrument, and writing or reading operation timeout is displayed during 8153A instrument test.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 15
(1,777 Views)

Sometimes its work properly with version differences like that, but anyway there also might be some unexpected errors.

Try to upgrade your NI-488.2 driver and we will see the results.

Also, want to know what is the status of Agilent in NI MAX after software update

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 15
(1,772 Views)

okay,I have updated NI-488.2 to NI-488.2 18.5 driver. So, I am currently using Labview 18, NI-VISA 18, NI-488.2 18.5, but writing or reading operation timeout is displayed during 8153A instrument test. And,the same problem occurred in Keysight IO library suite connection expert.The four photos in the attachment describe my current problem,I wish you can help me solve the problem.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 15
(1,765 Views)

Hey

As I can see, you have set address to the value of 5. If I am not mistaken, the default value is 22. Did you changed it by yourself?

Also, is there any errors/warnings in the available connected device from NI MAX (I mean the left side of NI MAX window, where you have a list of connected devices)?

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 15
(1,741 Views)

No, I did not change the default address. When I connected the device, the NI-MAX displayed address to the value of 5.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 15
(1,736 Views)

Hi

Can you check the address from device options and set it manually?

Steps for checking and changing should be in the device manual documents.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 15
(1,724 Views)

No, the default address of the device cannot be changed. When I want to change the default address to 22, an error occurs and the display cannot be changed

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 15
(1,721 Views)

I thought that you want to use some LabVIEW example.

Why did you want to use it through NI MAX?

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 15
(1,702 Views)