Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USB NI-VISA distribution

Hello. I am trying to find out what is correct way to distribute .inf file for NI-VISA USB driver?

I created .inf file per NI instructions using NI-VISA Wizard. When I created installer, I told it to put .inf file in windows\inf file.

However, in order for device manger to pick up the NI-VISA, I had to run install on .inf file, and sometimes one more install on the oem file to create .PNF file.

Is there a easier way to build installer that it would put all required files for NI-VISA, and not to run manual installation after words?

The question is mostly for Win7. It seems that we did not have that many issues with XP.

Thank you

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,831 Views)

Hey there,

Is it not possible to pack the files in a self extracting zip (or rar) file and have them extract to the correct locations?

Regards,

Al.

Don't find fault, find a remedy.
Henry Ford
logbook loans
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,817 Views)

Hi Rus_K,

I have one more suggestion. You can make LabVIEW run an executable after the installation. I've included an article below for your reference.

http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/9564F80C4DEBC4508625656900661050?OpenDocument

Although, with this set up, you will have to create an executable with the system exec.vi. This VI will in turn need to run the .inf installation. You need to make sure that the file path is set correctly in the system exec.vi.

I hope this helps.

Regards,

Josh L.

Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,793 Views)