Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

agilent 34970A error 1073807339

hi everyone,

I am trying to use Agilent 34970A data acquisition/switch unit with Labview 2009 SP1. I installed all drivers required for labview and then tried to run examples that came with installatin file but the VI showed error coded 1073807339. I tried all examples (6) but all of them came out with the same error. I searched the entire forum about this error but unfortunately I could not find any usefull answer about it. Why did this error occur ? Please help me on this issue.

Thanks in advance.

Egemen
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(3,827 Views)

What type of connection do you have? RS-232, GPIB, USB?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(3,809 Views)

I use RS-232 port of the device via KeySpan USB adapter (RS-232 to USB) (model: USA-19HS).

Egemen
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(3,805 Views)

Take a look at this:  http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/E6DFA2B8D7E99F9886256C14005E82F7?OpenDocument

The problem may be your USB to Serial adapter.  They are notorious for not translating signals that might be required (ussually hardware handshaking).  Also, the COM port may change if you reboot your PC so check your device manager and verify the port number.

If you have a DE-9 COM port on your PC, try that; if it works you may need to try a different USB-Serial adapter.

LabVIEW Pro Dev & Measurement Studio Pro (VS Pro) 2019 - Unfortunately now moving back to C#, .NET, Python due to forced change to subscription model by NI. 8^{
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(3,799 Views)

for sure try a different serial-usb adapter... i've got a bunch of them from various manufacturers that i'll swap out when stuff starts not working right.  Some work better on XP than 7, others work better with some hardware than others.

Overall, I've had real good luck with the IOGear GUC232A.  SiLabs CP2102 USB-UARTs work great too, but using those involves a bit more than just plugging in a device.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(3,796 Views)

Before running out and getting a new adapter, do some basic troubleshooting. The timeout can be caused by a mismatch in com settings (baud rate, parity, etc) or using the wrong type of serial cable (null-modem or straight through). Check that everything is correct

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(3,785 Views)