From 11:00 PM CDT Friday, May 10 – 02:30 PM CDT Saturday, May 11 (04:00 AM UTC – 07:30 PM UTC), ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

gpib pci card installation problems - card won't start

Hi,

We are updating computers and now the ni pci-gpib card won't start in a brand-new hp dc5700 (xp pro) computer. It attempts to install, but it ends up with
"This device cannot start. (Code 10)
Click Troubleshoot to start the troubleshooter for this device." message in device manager

Anybody knows what may be going on?

Thanks
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(4,128 Views)
Howdy ealekseev,

That error code is generated if the BIOS does not correctly identify the PCI-GPIB device. An update of the NI-488.2 driver should fix the problem.

1. Power off your PC
2. Remove the PCI-GPIB device from your PC
3. Download and install the newest version of the NI-488.2 GPIB driver here: NI-488.2 version 2.5 for Windows 2000/XP/Vista (for LabVIEW 7.0 or later)
4. Power off your PC
5. Install the PCI-GPIB device to your PC

If installing the newest NI-488.2 GPIB driver does not fix the issue, then please feel free to reply here, and I'd be happy to explore other options with you.
Warm regards,

pBerg
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(4,098 Views)
I'm using an HP DC7700C PC (UK version). I'm setting it up to be deployed in the UK.

Your solution was to load the latest version (2.5) of the NI GPIB drivers, but this doesn't work for us. We are using a custom application that was written using some of the low level commands in ibconfig that are apparently no longer supported n the latest version. I don't know why you dropped them, but it has left us with no way to move forward without re-writing the application I/O.

We have been using version 2.3. I know 2.4 won't work. I would download 2.4 but I can't find it on your web site. Only the latest is available for download. Is there some way you can let me get version 2.4?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(4,087 Views)
Howdy uWave,

You can find a list of the older, more recent NI-488.2 drivers here. For a complete list of every NI-488.2 driver download, you can go to ni.com/support, click on Drivers and Updates, search for NI-488.2, and then sort the results by Version in the drop-down box in the top right corner of the results. The page will then display a list of all the NI-488.2 drivers in descending order from the most recent.
Warm regards,

pBerg
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(4,069 Views)