Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to sync communication serial communication between two pcs

Aoa 

Hello every one.

I have been using labview for last 3 months. I want to build a data communication application on labview. the application should be able to send any kind of files from one pc to other using serial radios. In 1st phase i created code which sends a text file from one pc to other. my VIs work fine when i use highlight execution button. but withiut this my vi hust mess up. i am attaching both send and recieve VIs. if any one has an idea please reply to my post.

It is working like this:

the trasmiter first sends the file size and then waits for an acknowledgment from reciever.

the reciever first recieves the file size and sends an ack.

the transmitter then sends the chunks to reciever 

reciever after comparing file size decides abt completeion.

it is just for concept testing the code may look very rough but problem is that i am unable to run it without highlight execution button.

Thanks

Usman Asghar 

Instrument Engineer

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(3,078 Views)

I don't see a VISA Write in the Receive.  So I don't think you are sending the ACK.

Typically, if something only works with highlight execution on, there is a timing issue.  I'm seeing instances where you are using property nodes to get/set values when a wire would do just fine.  Possible race conditions from these.

Also, try to keep the flow from left to right.  There are places where your error wire is doubling back and it becomes hard to follow.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(3,075 Views)

I think i havent uploaded the correct version for recieve. in actual there is a an ack.......

what should i do. how can overcome the timming issue. secondly please tell me am i heading to correct way

regards 

usman asghar

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(3,066 Views)