Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

keithly error when running labview for automation

hi

when running labview for automation, there is no connection between PC and Keithly source meter through GPIB cable. the error says that error connection coruppted pointer to range table, ke24xx configure source mode.vi (driver status HEX 0xBFFFC1910.can you help?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(3,565 Views)

Hi,

Did you download the driver from IDNet?  I do not see the VI mentioned below in the driver. Is this possibly the IVI driver from the Keithley website?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(3,549 Views)

Hi dwhy,

With your brief description of your problem, it is hard to find out what could result in that error. Could you provide more information, like what is the model of NI and Keithly products you are using (pls provide the model number)?? Did you get any vis from Keithly?? If not, where did you get the vi, ke24xx configure source mode.vi, from?? Is the GPIB interface from NI or other company??

Regards

Lee

Applications Engineer | NI ASEAN

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(3,539 Views)

I use labview 8.0 and keithly source meter 2400. When installing keithley products, some of the vis are installed together but some of them are missing. I installed a ke24xx driver from NI but still got errors and cannot run the device. Yes the GPIB interface is from NI. PC can detect the Keithly device but cannot communicate with the device and can't vary the current supply.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(3,537 Views)
correction..labview 8.5. not labview 8.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(3,534 Views)
anyone know where i can download the "configure source mode.vi" because it seems to have a problem on this path.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(3,533 Views)

There is no such function in the project style driver available from NI. On the Idnet page, there are two drivers mentioned and one of them redirects you to Keithely where there is an IVI driver available. I don't know where this missing VI might be but in order to use IVI, you do need a few other things - such as the IVI compliance package.

Is there an absolute need for IVI? If not, I would strongly recomend that you use the project style driver from NI. Since you are using an instrument driver specific function and not the IVI class driver, it would appear you have no need for IVI at all. However, if you do need IVI, then for missing VIs, you should contact Keithley. NI's page on Idnet clearly states that they do not support the IVI driver.Then, in order to make use of IVI, you have to use the IVI class driver.

Message Edited by Dennis Knutson on 12-10-2008 09:03 PM
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(3,529 Views)