Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

multimeter control

hello,

i am programming in labview with two different tasks using VISA functions, in which I am controlling a multimeter. First of all, I want to switch over the measuring range, and then I want to read the measurement. The problem is the measurement which I get in Labview is in exponential form. And I want to convert the measurement in a normal form. When I run the programm, the error occurs "An input error is invalid".

"programm" and "error dialog box" have been attached.

Since 4 weeks I´ve been trying to sort out with this problem.

I´ll be very thankful, if someone can help me.

best regards

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(3,113 Views)

Run the VI so that there is data in your string indicator. Then go to Edit>Make Current Values Default. Save the VI and attach that. Need to see what you actually have. I don't understand the point of the replace substring.

p.s. You really should not be doing those writes with each iteration of your loop. Use and event structure so that you only do a write when the settings change. Also, the use of the ring control and shift seems overly complicated.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(3,109 Views)

here you have the saved VI with the "Make current values default"

thanks for reply

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(3,085 Views)

Try this simple Scan From String.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(3,081 Views)

First comment is the close should be outside the loop.

Now after the first (write read) no further write read combinations are possible because you closed the connection.

Second: I would not use wait until next ms multiple  but use the normal wait ms.

Third I would only send the commands when they are changed but that can be in the next version.

Finally the replacement of a decimal point by a comma is only necessary because LabVIEW by default uses a localised decimal point

The same problem we have in the Netherlands. No USA problem however.

For the rest it seems OK

greetings from the Netherlands
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(3,078 Views)

First of all I thank all of them who tried to reply me.

I have tried all the suggestions mentioned above in the forum. But I still get the same error report.

Is there any other solution?

Best greetings

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(3,072 Views)

the only thing I can imagine is an unexpected second string, either with some more spaces.

I would like to see a number of strings that you get,

So don't use the scan from string but let the system collect several strings in an array of strings and look carfully at what you got,

So no handling only displaying and connecting to the while where you enable indexing and create an array of strings indicator.

run that vi for a few seconds and again make current values default and send it to the forum

greetings from the Netherlands
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(3,067 Views)