Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Error = 1073807331 orcurred at Property Node (arg1) in NI RS-485 Transceiver Control.vi"

Hello the team,

For comunicating between the computer and Unidrive device, I used RS485 2 wire cable. From computer, I used RS232-RS485 adapter.

It work ok when i use the software from Unidrive to comunicate between PC and Unidrive.

I try to run the example from Labview 7.1, When i run example i configurate in property node, the first property(wire mode) is Wire2/Auto. It show the error: "Error = 1073807331 orcurred at Property Node (arg1) in NI RS-485 Transceiver Control.vi
    Possible Reason:
Visa: (Hex 0xBFFF001D) The specified attribute is not defined or support by the referenced resource". After that, i try with Wire2/EchoDTR or Wire2/CtrlDTR, it happened the same error.

Can you help me to solve it, or is there any way to write the comunicate with Labview for RS 485? Thank you very much!

Best Regards,
Thanh

PS: I attach the NI RS-485 Transceiver Control.vi sothat you can take a look.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(5,294 Views)

Hi Thanh,

The error is caused by trying to use the property node for a RS-485 device with a RS-232 COM port.  If you are using a RS-232 to RS-485 adapter, then you will need to communicate with the device using RS-232 commands.  The first step is to try communicating with your device using the Measurement & Automation Explorer (MAX).  Make sure you have NI-VISA installed.  Using MAX and NI-VISA, you can communicate with your device outside of LabVIEW to verify correct operation.  In MAX navigate to:

Devices and Interfaces >> Ports (Serial & Parallel) >> COMx

and select "Open VISA Test Panel" at the top.  You can use the Write and Read tabs to test your device.  Once you have verified that you can communicat with your device, use the Basic Serial Read and Write.vi example program to communicate with your RS-232 COM port in LabVIEW.  I hope this information helps.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(5,284 Views)

I'm programming with LabWindows/CVI to communicate with UniDrive through serial port (via USB to Serial adapter). I cannot figure out the command format to send to UniDrive. Could you please post an example program that does this? Thanks. Margaret

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(4,745 Views)

If I buy NI PXIe-8431/8, 8 port, RS485/RS422 Serial, Is in there already include MAX driver? Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(4,372 Views)