Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

read data from 3 arduino analog pins

Hi, 

My name is Jack. I have a question about how to read multiply data from arduino analog inputs in labview. I have tried to read data from 2 pins by using same way (continuous analog samples) and the system works well. However, I failed in reading data from one more pin, no matter I used the same way as to read continuous analog samples or the method to read analog voltage. 

My idea is to read battery voltage from pin 0, and the transducer voltages from pin 1 and pin 2 and convert them to currents. Pin 1 and Pin 2's signals work well, but pin 0 does not that good.

Another question is that how to plot data of pin 1 and pin 2 into one waveform chart. I have tried to bundle the two arrays; it didn't work, however.

Attached is my VI. Thanks for help. 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(3,931 Views)

Hi Jack,

Are you using the Arduino toolkit for LabVIEW?  

James K.
National Instruments
Applications Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(3,915 Views)

Yes. I am using that. I guess the problem is due to the high frequency of the signals, which has to be above 120HZ. 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(3,911 Views)

Jack,

You may want to post on an Arduino form for help regarding the limitations on sampling the two pins.  See the following link for info on plotting multiple plots on an chart: https://decibel.ni.com/content/docs/DOC-5574

James K.
National Instruments
Applications Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(3,897 Views)

You can see an example for reading multiple analog inputs

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(3,629 Views)

This article presents a procedure for reading the analog ports of Arduino UNO R3 board , on which a Joystick shield was installed. The analog data are related to the position of command and can be monitored from the front panel of our program , for which we use serial communication.

https://decibel.ni.com/content/docs/DOC-33281

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(3,618 Views)