LabVIEW 2021 Public Beta

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bug? Cannot disable header&Footer in HTML reports

Long story: I have some ancient code that uses the "print panel to printer" method and under certain conditions (e.g. if the network printer is not reachable), it locks up my application (greyed out, not responding). As discussed elsewhere, this is probably due to some ancient legacy code.

So what's the workaround?

Using "Print VI panel or documentation"

1. with option "quick print" uses (surprise!!), the same old method, so will not fix anything.
  2. with option HTML it always prints a header, even if I specify "Do not include page headers". There is always a "Page 1 of 1" in the upper right, a file:///C:/Users/Appdata...Local/Temp/xxxx.htm in the lower left, and a date (e.g. "6/11/2021") in the lower right. This seems to get inserted by IE and even if I open IE and turn of headers in the page setup, nothing changes if I print from within LabVIEW.
  3. A workable solution is to generate the HTML report and open it in the default browser. Looks great on chrome and prints without headers and footers because I turned these options off long ago. Unfortunately, this will not automatically print it, which would be desirable.

Some very random comments after digging through  the hierarchy of "Print VI panel or documentation":

• It uses the depreciated "New report" Instead of "create report"
  • Not sure why jpeg is the default (Unwired in "append front panel ...."). That format is typically not great for line drawings.
  • I am also not sure why if png were wired in "append front panel .... (as used standalone)", it first creates  the png file, reads it, converts and saves to bmp, deletes the png and adds the bmp to the report. That seems like a silly detour. Why not create the bmp directly if png is selected? It would not even need that "catch and convert invalid ..." cleanup tool.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 1
(846 Views)