LabVIEW 2021 Public Beta

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LabVIEW 2021 Beta Now Available

wiebe@CARYA wrote:

@1984 wrote:

"So this means, you don't need zoom, but you just want the cursor to snap to the connectorpane, just like in NXG, well that is a feature I would like to see as well in current gen"

Nah, that means that I need zoom, you just feel smarter by telling other people what do they like to have and what not. So whatever...

I keep repeating that we need a zoom in, not a zoom out.

That is, a zoom factor 1 or larger could be useful (maybe even a requirement ) for high resolution screens. A zoom factor <1 is just asking for bad code practices.

I think wanting zoom in for higher resolution screens is a valid argument. Especially when most laptops these days are advertised with 4k screens.

0 Kudos
Message 31 of 76
(4,961 Views)

I installed the LV2021 beta using the registration code, but now when I try to switch back to my LV2019 it can no longer find my companies license server and forces me to go through requesting access.

When 2019 eventually loads it never actually grabs a license from the server, our manager has confirmed as much. The messages along the way indicate that LV2019 is only activated until June 1st, which is 14 days Obviously, this will become a huge issue for me come June 1st and until the full version of LV2021 is released that works with NI License Server. 

Is there a workaround to ensure LV2019 will remain functional beyond the 14 day temporary license? I am concerned that I am going to be locked out on that day. 

0 Kudos
Message 32 of 76
(4,903 Views)

@brian.smith4 wrote:

Is there a workaround to ensure LV2019 will remain functional beyond the 14 day temporary license? I am concerned that I am going to be locked out on that day. 

That's how they force you to beta test 2021 😋.

But seriously, I'd try the NI License Manager, see if gives an insight, or maybe even allow you to fix the problem.

0 Kudos
Message 33 of 76
(4,887 Views)

wiebe@CARYA wrote:

But seriously, I'd try the NI License Manager, see if gives an insight, or maybe even allow you to fix the problem.

LoL. Dammit, duped again! 😉

But seriously, NI License Manger 20.7 says that 2021 is licensed with 105 days remaining and that both LabView and TestStand 2019 are fully licensed, but the server does not ever show my system with an active license in use, so we know it's not communicating. This is why we suspect that in 14 days LV2019 is going to stop functioning. 

0 Kudos
Message 34 of 76
(4,880 Views)

@brian.smith4 wrote:

I've contacted the NI License Manager team for help. I apologize for the inconvenience!

Christina Rogers
Principal Product Owner, LabVIEW R&D
Message 35 of 76
(4,843 Views)

Hello Brian,

My name is Mika and I am from the NI License Manager team. I have a few questions and request from you, in order to trouble-shoot this issue.

1. You mentioned that "forces me to go through requesting access", but it was not very clear to me that you actually ended up resending the permission request. Could you please confirm that you resent the permission request, and if that requested was granted by your VLM admin?
  2. Could you please launch NI License Manager, and take screenshot of:
    1. Product Summary tab
    2. Local Licenses tab
    3. Network Licenses tab

We would like to also know if your company's VLM server admin also upgraded VLM from 3.2 to 3.3 (3.2 shipped with LV 2019, and 3.3 is the newest version we have). It is possible that upgrading VLM could mess up the VLM setting on the server side, in which case the VLM server admin could re-add the same license file they added before, and import the backup file if they had created one before upgrading VLM. If they have no backup file, then they might have to manually re-configure the settings again. Here is a little more details:

https://knowledge.ni.com/KnowledgeArticleDetails?id=kA00Z0000015CjMSAU&l=en-US

0 Kudos
Message 36 of 76
(4,801 Views)

Ideally, the diagram (and front panel) should always be drawn to an internal 1:1 bitmap, then scaled for display. All it need is some glue to deal with the scaling (display, inputs, etc.). How expensive would that be? (could be done in GPU). Obviously I am underestimating the efforts needed. 😮

0 Kudos
Message 37 of 76
(4,780 Views)

@MikaNa wrote:

Hello Brian,

My name is Mika and I am from the NI License Manager team. I have a few questions and request from you, in order to trouble-shoot this issue.

1. You mentioned that "forces me to go through requesting access", but it was not very clear to me that you actually ended up resending the permission request. Could you please confirm that you resent the permission request, and if that requested was granted by your VLM admin?
  2. Could you please launch NI License Manager, and take screenshot of:
    1. Product Summary tab
    2. Local Licenses tab
    3. Network Licenses tab

We would like to also know if your company's VLM server admin also upgraded VLM from 3.2 to 3.3 (3.2 shipped with LV 2019, and 3.3 is the newest version we have). It is possible that upgrading VLM could mess up the VLM setting on the server side, in which case the VLM server admin could re-add the same license file they added before, and import the backup file if they had created one before upgrading VLM. If they have no backup file, then they might have to manually re-configure the settings again. Here is a little more details:

https://knowledge.ni.com/KnowledgeArticleDetails?id=kA00Z0000015CjMSAU&l=en-US

1. When I launch LV2019 I get the following series of screens:

I select "Activate" and enter in my companies VLM name. 
image.pngimage.pngimage.pngimage.png

We can connect to the VIM and verify that I am both authorized and no new requests are generated. 
Screenshot 2021-05-20 083035_LI.jpgScreenshot 2021-05-20 083824.png

2. Screen shots as requested of NI License Manager:
image.png

0 Kudos
Message 38 of 76
(4,737 Views)

It doesn't look like all the License Manger files uploaded....

One final question, do we need to go to VLM 3.3??

image.pngimage.pngimage.pngimage.png

0 Kudos
Message 39 of 76
(4,736 Views)

Thank you very much for your response and the screenshot.

First of all, to answer your question. No, you do NOT need to upgrade VLM to 3.3.

As for your VLM licensing issue. Am I correct that, every time you launch LV 2019, it makes you go through the process of reconnecting to your VLM server? That is, the process of reconnecting to the VLM server was NOT a one time process?

Mika

0 Kudos
Message 40 of 76
(4,720 Views)