LabVIEW 2021 Public Beta

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LabVIEW 2021 Beta Now Available

@MikaNa wrote:

Thank you very much for your response and the screenshot.

First of all, to answer your question. No, you do NOT need to upgrade VLM to 3.3.

As for your VLM licensing issue. Am I correct that, every time you launch LV 2019, it makes you go through the process of reconnecting to your VLM server? That is, the process of reconnecting to the VLM server was NOT a one time process?

Mika

Correct, every time I try to launch LV2019 (or TS2019) I have to go through those Activation screens. It always fails with the message stating that I am not connected to the internet when I obviously am. 
Once I manually enter in my VLM name, it does find it, as you can see in the previous screen shots. 

0 Kudos
Message 41 of 76
(5,032 Views)

Thanks again for your response. One more question. Could you please close LV 2019, and relaunch it? And when this dialog pops up (first screenshot), launch NI License Manager and go to the Network Licenses tab, and see if "NI Enterprise License Software Test Plus 21.1" looks the same as when you saw it before (second screenshot)?

MikaNa_0-1621527131625.png

MikaNa_1-1621527189858.png

0 Kudos
Message 42 of 76
(5,012 Views)

I performed the requested action and it appears the same to me. 

image.png

0 Kudos
Message 43 of 76
(5,004 Views)

Thank you, this means that NI License Manager correctly sees your network license from your VLM server on your machine. But for some reason, during the launch, it fails to see that your machine is connected to the VLM server. Could you please close LV 2019, create a backup of this file (just in case), then delete it?

C:\ProgramData\National Instruments\License Manager\Data\servers.ini

Then relaunch LV 2019, and it will prompt you to reconnect to the VLM once again. After reconnecting, could you please relaunch LV 2019, and see if it will once again ask you to reconnect to VLM (I hope it won't...)?

Mika

0 Kudos
Message 44 of 76
(4,990 Views)

@MikaNa wrote:

Thank you, this means that NI License Manager correctly sees your network license from your VLM server on your machine. But for some reason, during the launch, it fails to see that your machine is connected to the VLM server. Could you please close LV 2019, create a backup of this file (just in case), then delete it?

C:\ProgramData\National Instruments\License Manager\Data\servers.ini

Then relaunch LV 2019, and it will prompt you to reconnect to the VLM once again. After reconnecting, could you please relaunch LV 2019, and see if it will once again ask you to reconnect to VLM (I hope it won't...)?

Mika

I created a backup of the file, then deleted. Relaunched LV2019 and completed server request as expected. Shut down, relaunched LV2019 again and it still prompted me the exact same ways. I noticed that the file you had me delete was never re-created either. 

image.png

0 Kudos
Message 45 of 76
(4,980 Views)

Thank you for trying this out. I'll discuss this with my teammates, and we will get back to you.

0 Kudos
Message 46 of 76
(4,971 Views)

Is it possible to develop website&Server by LV2021 beta?

just like NXG do 

What shall I do to accomplish that ?

thank you ~

0 Kudos
Message 47 of 76
(4,957 Views)

I wanted to follow up. Somebody from NI will contact you to create a communication channel for further troubleshooting, so that we can continue outside this forum.

Mika

0 Kudos
Message 48 of 76
(4,923 Views)

@alii001 wrote:

Is it possible to develop website&Server by LV2021 beta?

just like NXG do 

What shall I do to accomplish that ?

thank you ~

There will be a new product based on the LabVIEW NXG Web Module that makes it easy for G programmers to create web applications. More information should be coming out in a few months.

LabVIEW has the capability to create web services, and NI also has the NI Web Server and SystemLink.

If you'd like, we could discuss your desired application in more detail so we can see what products would fit best.

Christina Rogers
Principal Product Owner, LabVIEW R&D
0 Kudos
Message 49 of 76
(4,912 Views)

I want to develop a website , some of my colleagues can acess it and do  some operation , like a simplified OA system.

the Server may call some hardware , such as signal controlling or data analysis.

I know that Labview can do such work ,but it is much too complex , especially for the html pages , I need to combine LV server and the front pages by myself , it is very difficult . while such pages in NXG is quite easy. 

Labview seems also can publish Web pages ,but it is just "remote control", not real "html page".

Since NI announced that NXG may be resloved into LV2021, I was quite excited about it ,but from the truth of the LV2021 beta ,things may not be that simple , LV2021 may not be what I want……

0 Kudos
Message 50 of 76
(4,907 Views)