LabVIEW 2021 Public Beta

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LabVIEW 2021 Beta Now Available

"We will integrate the strengths of the NXG platform into our LabVIEW 2021(+) codebase"

My thoughts were when seeing 2021 beta:

- Are any of these tiny new features from NXG?
- How long will it take to see any real benefit from NXG in LabVIEW?

Certified LabVIEW Architect
0 Kudos
Message 51 of 76
(4,780 Views)

For windows users there is a free tool from system internal tools called "zoomit.exe". it has 3 modes of zooming (with easy keyboard shortcuts). one of them is live zoom. Using this mode i am able to zoom and wire on connector panes and wire stubs on subvis. That is the only time i personally needed a zoom tool on labview. since this works pretty well, i recommend this tool to all my fellow LabVIEW users.

அன்புடன்
தமிழ் நேரம்
முதல் இந்திய ஆய்வுமெகபொப சிற்பி
சோதனைநிறுத்தம் சிற்பி
மற்ற சான்றிதழ்கள்
யாதும் ஊரே! யாவரும் கேளிர்!!

Message 52 of 76
(4,724 Views)

@thols  ha scritto:

"We will integrate the strengths of the NXG platform into our LabVIEW 2021(+) codebase"

My thoughts were when seeing 2021 beta:

- Are any of these tiny new features from NXG?
- How long will it take to see any real benefit from NXG in LabVIEW?

3-4 years

I am LV developer since LV 6.1, I know NI time to develop things

0 Kudos
Message 53 of 76
(4,614 Views)

Hi Konan,

...and what are these tiny new features you want to see in the real LabVIEW? Are they substantial or mere little helpers? I wonder because I never touched NXG since it was never concieved to work on the Apple platform.

...just wondering if you could give a short list?

Urs, the LVers since LV2

0 Kudos
Message 54 of 76
(4,566 Views)

@UrsL wrote:

Hi Konan,

...and what are these tiny new features you want to see in the real LabVIEW? Are they substantial or mere little helpers? I wonder because I never touched NXG since it was never concieved to work on the Apple platform.

...just wondering if you could give a short list?

Urs, the LVers since LV2

No, I meant the new features of LV2021. They are quite insignificant compared to many major improvements of NXG (and no-one of them stems from NXG afaik), which I wonder when we will see in LV2021+, as promised by NI.

0 Kudos
Message 55 of 76
(4,563 Views)

Hi thols,

Oh, there will be a LV2021+! Never heard about that one;-)

Urs

Message 56 of 76
(4,552 Views)

@UrsL wrote:

Hi thols,

Oh, there will be a LV2021+! Never heard about that one;-)

Urs

It's like 6.i I guess 😉 

0 Kudos
Message 57 of 76
(4,543 Views)

It's really disappointing to see absolutely nothing from NXG ported to LabView in 2021, there isn't even a roadmap for future NXG features after 2021.

NI LabView team really needs a success in this one, but without sharing their vision on the future of LabView, - it might end up just like LabView NXG. 

Message 58 of 76
(4,509 Views)

@LevK wrote:

It's really disappointing to see absolutely nothing from NXG ported to LabView in 2021, there isn't even a roadmap for future NXG features after 2021.

NI LabView team really needs a success in this one, but without sharing their vision on the future of LabView, - it might end up just like LabView NXG.

As far as I am aware, NI doesn't even know what they want to port over.  I've heard rumors of a full blown NXG post mortum being made public.  At that time, we might have an idea of what NI will try to port over to LabVIEW.  But for now, there is just concentration on getting LabVIEW 2021 out on time.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 59 of 76
(4,493 Views)

As far as I am aware, NI doesn't even know what they want to port over. 

- this is exactly what concerns me (and, I'm sure, a lot of other engineers). 

It's a pity that such a great programming language ("G") crippled by a 35-year old IDE with bitmapped graphics scaled up on a 4k screens.

Every time NI uses community feedback (those "kudos") - it leads to very useful features, and now it feels like NI needs to use community feedback even more to figure out what's the next step. 

0 Kudos
Message 60 of 76
(4,474 Views)