LabVIEW 2021 Public Beta

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

niScope Probelm in Beta 2021

Hello

I have installed the LabView 2021 Beta version an have an Problem with the niScope driver, there are some vi's with inkompatible DataTypes of the "instrument handle" see Pictures attached.

Maybe ive made a mistake but I don't know, is it possible to reinstall the DAQmx Packages or ist this Problem known?

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(1,341 Views)

The latest shipping version of NI-SCOPE at this moment is 20.7 released on 4/21/21. It supports LabVIEW 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020.

The next version of NI-SCOPE will be 21.0 and officially support LabVIEW 2021. It's about a month out.

I assume you copied files from an older installation of LabVIEW to the LabVIEW 2021 directory. That should work if done correctly with the caveat that all the NI-SCOPE VIs will show up as "dirty" and ask to be re-saved. But if you missed copying some of the files, you could see what you're seeing.

Is my assumption correct?

What version of NI-SCOPE do you use?

What OS do you have?

If Windows, are you on 32-bit or 64-bit LabVIEW (both old and 2021)?

Can you tell us what files or directories you copied (from and to)? 

Thanks

Marcos Kirsch
Chief Software Engineer
NI Driver Software
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(1,287 Views)

Hello Marcos

The Version of niScope is 20.7 (accidentally copied to 2021), OS is Windows 10 64bit and LabView 32bit

I copied some directories from the instr.lib of the 2020 version and probably accidentally also the niXXX (niDMM, niHSDIO, niScope ...) directories. I did that because the driver installer "Tools> instrumentation> Find Instrument drivers" does not work in the beta version.

Looks like the entire DAQmx package is not yet available for LabView 2021, is this correct?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(1,280 Views)

Looks like the entire DAQmx package is not yet available for LabView 2021, is this correct?

This is correct. DAQmx, NI-SCOPE, etc... none of the drivers have been released with support for LabVIEW 2021 yet, which itself hasn't been released. Expect it in a matter of weeks.
Marcos Kirsch
Chief Software Engineer
NI Driver Software
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(1,260 Views)