LabVIEW APIs Discussions

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drag 'n Drop from a running VI

Hi,

i try to copy a text via drag 'n drop from a tree control in a running VI to the block diagram of another VI which i'm editing.

I want to place the text as a description text.

It works at once (if you configured drag 'n drop on the tree correctly) when both VIs are in the edit-mode.

But when you are running the source VI i'm only able to drop the text to a e.g. string control on the same running frontpanel.

I think i need scripting to find out on which blockdiagram i drop the text to write him with the scripting interface.

I know that the QuickDrop plugin-template give me the reference to the VI from where it was called. Ich hope that there is also any way.

thanks for help

Oliver

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(4,130 Views)

I am having a hard time reproducing what you are seeing.  I have been able to drag from a tree to another VI's diagram both while running the source VI and at edit time with the source VI. 

Are you using built-in drag and drop or are you using events?  Can you attach the source VI pared back to just the tree and event code if it exists?  This will help a great deal to advise you what to try next.

The fact that it works during edit-time, but not run-time would make me very suspicious of any drag drop events you are using. 

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(3,465 Views)

Hi,

sorry i was on a bussnis trip yesterday.

Now i try to program a short example for you and realise that all thinks are working fine.

I want to use the built-in drag 'n drop functionality of LabVIEW. But I wasn't able to "copy" the text from a running tree-control to an blockdiagram in edit mode:Drag_n_Drop.png

The mistake was that the Option "Allow Drag Drop Outside Control" of the tree control was disabled.

Thank you for your help

Oliver

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(3,465 Views)