LabVIEW Architects Forum

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Call For Presentations 2024

Do you have a presentation you wish to share with our community in 2024?  Or perhaps one you'd like to request?  Post it here!

Want to cast a vote for a presentation that's been listed?  Give it a kudo!

Presentations with the most kudos will be selected for presentation at a future LAF meeting.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(434 Views)

I don't have any current cool projects I can talk about, but would be willing to give a talk about my 30 year journey with LabVIEW. I might ruffle a few feathers in the process, though ;).

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(388 Views)

Anyone interested in a hardware simulation/testing discussion? Possible sub-topics I could talk about relating to my projects: 

• Using Forcing with low speed distributed cRIO (scan mode)
  • Laying out simple (or not so simple) PCBs
  • DAQmx simulated instruments
  • Patch Panels for swapping hardware between dev and test machines
  • Software simulation
  • Software distribution of embedded target updates and the need for valid hardware
Message 3 of 8
(313 Views)

gRPC with LabVIEW,

I did a little bit with gRPC devices and communication,

its kind of outdated but I can work on updating it with the latest LabVIEW gRPC updates.

CLA, CTA
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(298 Views)

Strategies for building on top of a framework like actor framework.

• Incorporating cross cutting features such as teaching and event logging with a common intermediate layer between Actor and concrete implementations
  • Using an intermediate layer to define more discrete startup, initialization, and running states for actors
  • Minimizing the amount of work for implementing concrete actors with stratification of inheritance layers
  • Other strategies for ensuring developers have an easier time writing correct code by reducing reliance on Call Parent Method node and better data handling patterns.

Need to come up with it all but this has been rattling around my head the past few weeks. Especially perfect for architects that create frameworks for other devs to work in but a lot of the concepts transfer to all development and other frameworks.

Also would need to be remotely presented.

~ The wizard formerly known as DerrickB ~
Gradatim Ferociter
Message 5 of 8
(171 Views)

@IlluminatedG wrote:

Need to come up with it all but this has been rattling around my head the past few weeks. Especially perfect for architects that create frameworks for other devs to work in but a lot of the concepts transfer to all development and other frameworks.

Also would need to be remotely presented.

How much notice would you need to put this together?  We're settled for Q2, but we need Q3 and Q4 presentations.

Also, remote shouldn't be an issue at this point.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(155 Views)

Q3 would be fine

Gradatim Ferociter
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(148 Views)

Also not sure at all what I meant by teaching... probably should have been testing heh

Gradatim Ferociter
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(147 Views)