LabVIEW Architects Forum

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Meeting 2013-10-24: Embedded Systems Should not be Scary

Meeting Logistics

• Location: Mopac C 1S13 @ NI headquarters 11500 North MoPac Expressway, Austin TX
  • Date: Thursday, October 24, 2013
  • Time: 6:00 PM
  • Duration: ~ 2 hours
  • Format: presentation plus group discussion

Food: VI Shots will be sponsoring food! Thank you Michael .  We'll need a head count, so please as soon as the invitation goes out, register here. We will need National Instruments members to register as well, for that, you will get an internal invitation. If you are not sure if you are in that internal list and want to be, please let Fabiola know (fabiola@delacor.com)

Meeting Description

"Designing Reliable Embedded Systems"

Presenter: Burt Snover Est. Duration: 60 minutes

Whether due to safety concerns, the cost of downtime, or the inaccessibility of the system, reliability is often one of the most important considerations when putting an embedded system together.  This presentation will discuss useful tools for identifying the costly points of failure, software best practices that will help keep your systems running for the long-haul, and architecture tools like redundancy, safe-states, and watchdogs that can make sure that if failures do occur they are safe and recoverable.  This presentation will focus on LabVIEW RT and FPGA, but many of the tools and techniques discussed could be helpful in any application.

Group Discussion

Facilitator: AllenS

The topic is being determined. Come back for an update.

Remote Attendance

If you absolutely cannot make it to NI for the meeting, we have remote connection options.  You will be able to participate in the meeting remotely, including viewing presentations live & joining a conference line.

Join the meeting: https://join.me/642-974-955

Join the audio conference:

No matter how you join the conference, everyone will be on the same audio call.

By phone:

1) Dial +1.513.386.0101 (see the international numbers outside the US)

2) Enter conference ID: 642-974-955#

By computer via internet:

1). Join the meeting

2). click the phone icon

3). select 'Call via internet'

***Remote Attendee Special Request***

Please mute your phones during presentations to help minimize background noise for others joined on the conference line.  To ask questions or supply comments simply pipe up, or better yet, use the chat window (available when you join the screenshare) which we'll monitor throughout.

For an opportunity to learn from experienced developers / entrepeneurs (Steve, Joerg, and Brian amongst them):
Check out DSH Pragmatic Software Development Workshop!

DQMH Lead Architect * DQMH Trusted Advisor * Certified LabVIEW Architect * Certified LabVIEW Embedded Developer * Certified Professional Instructor * LabVIEW Champion * Code Janitor

Have you been nice to future you?
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(7,553 Views)

Join me link:

https://secure.join.me/642-974-955

Call in number: (213) 226 1066

Charles Chickering
Architecture is art with rules.

...and the rules are more like guidelines
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(4,070 Views)

Hey, did anyone leave a laptop charger at the meeting last night?  If so, I have it.  Send me a private message to claim it.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(4,070 Views)