LabVIEW Communications System Design Suite

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

real-time data transfer with other programming packages (Python , Matlab or Labview)

HI, everyone. 

Our task is to stream the  data from LabView Communications Design 2.0 to a home-made Matlab or Python script for post-processing.

Our software and hardware setup is as follows,

• We have 16 antennas on 8 USRPs on BS side with PXie-1085 as a host. On UE side, we have 2 antennas on one USRP with a desktop as host.
  • We use the MIMO Application Framework 1.1 under a frame schedule called 'UL pilost logging only'  . This mode allows us to record UL pilots on the BS host in a binary file. The time interval is 0.5ms per pilot.
  • Now our task is to stream the  pilot data to a home-made Matlab or Python script for post-processing.
  • Our major challenges are as follows,
  • To stream the data to our home-made Matlab or Python script in a real-time instead of writing and reading  files.
  • MIMO App. Framework 1.0 is created by Labview Comms 2.0., which does not support calling Matlab or python directly. This is unlike the updated version of NXG which enables interface with Matlab and Python. But MIMO App. Framework 1.0  can not be opened in updated NXG. 
         I have searched many materials on the Internet, but there are very few useful references. One might be through UDP, which is supported by LabView Comms 2.0. 
       I wonder if Labview Comms 2.0 has an interface for data transfer with Labview. If it is possible, I can program the post-processing script in Labview, e.g Labview 2018 or plus.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(1,816 Views)

Up to now, there might be two solutions.

1. Through UDP or TCP/IP .  As LV Comms 2.0 supports UDP and TCP/IP communications by network data communication. By using Matlab or Python, we can also easily implement network communication on the same PC.

2. Inter-process communication.

Using C-node, we can open a shared memory which both LV Comms and Python can access.

If there is a recent version of   LV Comms Design , the issue can be easily addressed by directly calling Python or Matlab.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(1,766 Views)