LabVIEW Development Best Practices Discussions

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New and Improved LabVIEW Desktop Execution Trace Toolkit Now in BETA

I'd like the ability to right-click on an event source (a row in the "VI" column) and get a context menu option to "Filter events from this source". That would keep me from having to open the Filter settings dialog, then find and uncheck that VI myself.

(I edited this post when I realized I was asking for the wrong thing.)

0 Kudos
Message 31 of 68
(2,768 Views)

We will need to move these discussions to a private beta forum.  My question is, do you guys have access to the LV Beta forum (i.e. are you, or will you be, a LV beta user?)  If so, we can just start a thread on that forum to cover DETT feedback.  Otherwise, we need to work on getting a specific DETT beta forum set up.

0 Kudos
Message 32 of 68
(2,768 Views)

I will be a LV beta user and will have access to the forum.

Will you create new discussion entries for the topics that had already been discussed here?

Thanks,

Fab

For an opportunity to learn from experienced developers / entrepeneurs (Steve, Joerg, and Brian amongst them):
Check out DSH Pragmatic Software Development Workshop!

DQMH Lead Architect * DQMH Trusted Advisor * Certified LabVIEW Architect * Certified LabVIEW Embedded Developer * Certified Professional Instructor * LabVIEW Champion * Code Janitor

Have you been nice to future you?
0 Kudos
Message 33 of 68
(2,768 Views)

I'm in the beta program for this product, but I don't know where the beta forum is. Link?

0 Kudos
Message 34 of 68
(2,768 Views)

David_Staab wrote:

I'm in the beta program for this product, but I don't know where the beta forum is. Link?

Ditto

0 Kudos
Message 35 of 68
(2,768 Views)

I have more feedback. Should I wait to get a linkt to the Beta forum or just post it here?

0 Kudos
Message 36 of 68
(2,768 Views)

It appears that this is the only place (public?) to discuss the DETT. So I applied to be in the Beta, but still no response. Who do I have to sleep with?

0 Kudos
Message 37 of 68
(2,768 Views)

Guys, I apologize for the confusion, but we really value your feedback and want to encourage the great discussion that this group has been having.  In lieu of a dedicated beta forum for this product, please feel free to continue posting your feedback here.  I will sort things out with the crew behind the scenes.

Elijah Kerry
NI Director, Software Community
0 Kudos
Message 38 of 68
(2,768 Views)

Based on Eli's response, we will continue using this thread until the LV beta forum opens and we have a thread established there (at which time I'll post a link to it from here).

Fabiola, all feedback on this thread is recorded, some of which is already implemented.  Thanks again for all the useful feedback.  I'm glad the response has been more focused on new requests and not stability/crashes   As for your request to automate DETT through a LV API, we will have something in place for you to use, but we had to weigh risks on what could actually be done in this timeframe.

Michael, it looks like your approved in our database... can you access the download page under the section "Beta programs you are currently registered for:" on ni.com/beta?

0 Kudos
Message 39 of 68
(2,768 Views)

Michael, it looks like your approved in our database... can you access the download page under the section "Beta programs you are currently registered for:" on ni.com/beta?

Ya, got it. Was expecting a welcome email that never arrived. I'm in, thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 40 of 68
(2,768 Views)