LabVIEW Embedded

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ADI Blackfin BF561 Examples can't compile in LV2009 Blackfin

I'm trying to evaluate a BF561 EZ-KIT with the examples in Labview 2009 Blackfin, but I can't get any of the BF561 examples to compile. Every time I try to compile the (Core A) Target, I get a "Failed to Generate C Code for '..... .vi'". When I click on Details, there is no error text in the text box. If I try to build the Core B target, C code is generated for the VIs, but the build fails with an error message informing me that Core A must be built first.

Oddly enough, the examples for the other single core Blackfin boards build just fine. 

Is this a known bug?  Any thoughts? 

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(6,363 Views)

aser01,

I am seeing the same behavior. I am asking the R&D developers for some guidance because I can't seem to get any configuration combination to compile for the 561 examples. As soon as I have more information for you, I will post back. If I it is going to take them some time to look into the issue, I will at least post back keeping you informed of what's going on. Sorry for the inconvenience. 

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(6,350 Views)

Thanks for looking into it. It's good to know that this seems to be reproducable. I'm eager to see if there is a solution.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(6,342 Views)

aser01,

R&D was able to track down the issue to an incorrect support file. If you place the attached xml file at this location ( <LabVIEW>\Targets\ADI\Embedded\vdk\bf561\) on your computer and restart LabVIEW, you should be good. This will replace the xml file that is currently in that folder but that is okay because this xml file solves the issue. Give it a shot and try building the BF561 examlpes and let me know if that works (it fixes it for me on my computer after I restarted LabVIEW and configured the target with the silicon revision I was using). Good luck and thanks for pointing out this issue to us!

Grant H. 

Message Edited by G-Money on 04-15-2010 03:57 PM
Message Edited by G-Money on 04-15-2010 03:58 PM
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(6,320 Views)

aser01,

It won't let me upload an xml file for some reason (it says that it's not a valid extension) so I have uploaded it to ftp://ftp.ni.com/outgoing and the file is called "TgtSupp.xml". You will be able to download it from that FTP site for the next two days and place it in the location on your computer I listed in my last post. Let me know if you run into any issues or if I can help in any way. Thanks!

Grant H. 

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(6,318 Views)

aser01,

Figured out a work around for attaching the xml file. I zipped it up and attached it to this post. You can download it, unzip it, and overwrite the file in the location listed a couple of posts up with this new correct xml file. Remember to restart LabVIEW after doing this and give compiling another shot. 

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(6,309 Views)