LabVIEW Embedded

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I use other debugging tools in LabVIEW ARM board (LM3S8962), expect for ULINK2 ???

Hello, My name is sang.

I  have many interest about LabVIEW embedded module for ARM. And curious about debugging tools.

National Instruments's development tool package include ULNK2, but can I use other debugging tool? (ex.> J-link or internal ICD on LM3S8962 board )

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9
(9,774 Views)

Hi Sang,

The ARM module in LabVIEW is configured to work with ULINK. It might be possible to get other debugging hardware working with LabVIEW but this is not guaranteed to work. I would recommend against it.

Thank you. 

Jaidev 

Senior Product Manager
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 9
(9,728 Views)

An additional question about LabVIEW and ARM board (LM3S8962):

Is the ulink2 necessary for debug only or it is necessary to program the device, too? (or can be programed directly via USB?)

Thanks for your help,

Jaume

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9
(9,603 Views)

LM3S8962 board,I know. This development board is based on the Cortex-M3 core. There is a new debugging tool, CooCox Colink. It's precisely a small ARM Cortex M3 JTAG hardware debug probe.  I recommend you to take a look http://coocox.org. You can download Colink plugin from here and get more detailed information about this debugging tool.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 9
(9,232 Views)

Is thers be diffrence between ARM ULINK2 USB-JTAG Adapter  &  Keil ULINK2 USB-JTAG Adapter ?

Hope to get fast response

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 9
(8,925 Views)
There is no diffrence between ARM ULINK2 USB-JTAG Adapter  &  Keil ULINK2 USB-JTAG Adapter .  ARM has acquired keil Company many years ago. So,In fact,your ARM ULINK2 USB-JTAG Adapter  is just as Keil ULINK2 USB-JTAG Adapter. There is no any difference between them.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 9
(8,840 Views)

On the project icon, right click New then Targets and Devices... Select "EK-LM3S8962 USB" rather than ""EK-LM3S8962" and you can use just the USB cable for downloading and debugging. By debugging I mean you can have debugging on and see indicators and modify control values.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9
(7,586 Views)

You can edit the template project file of the LM3S8962

depends on which one you use:  EK_lm3s8962 or other::lm3sxxxx

de templates are in the <labview directory>\Targets\Keil\Embedded\RealView\

the map "generic" holds all the "other" targets. you can duplicate LM3Sxxxx here

in the new template map open TgtSupp.ini .

the name must be the name of the map you just created. (example is you renamed it to LM3Sxxxx-2, use LM3Sxxxx-2.

description you can fill anything you like.

in Template\Project\ are the project files: LabVIEW.Uv2 (lv 2009 & uVision 3) LabVIEW.uvproj (lv 2010 & uVision 4)

open the project. goto options for target.

select on the tabs Debug and Utilities the other debugger that you want to use (supported by KEIL)

save the project. and use this target in a LabVIEW for ARM project.

hope this will help,

Wouter

Wouter.
"LabVIEW for ARM guru and bug destroyer"
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 9
(7,574 Views)
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9
(7,193 Views)