cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My first ARM VI does not compile

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello,

I am a complete beginner and just tried to compile the example VI from the "Getting Started with LabVIEW Embedded Module for ARM Microcontrolers". I do not comprehend all the uVision and LV Embededd ARM correlations and the VI does not compile. Here is my system:

LabVIEW 8.61f1

LabVIEW Embedded for ARM 8.6

Keil uVision 4.13a

MCB2378 board & ULINK2 JTAG purchased through NI

I have created the project step-by-step as the above manual instructs. Before attemtping to Build/Run the VI the "Processor Status" window shows:

uVision Status: [LED = Blue] Ready

uVision Application: [LED = Green] Application

After I start Build/Run I get "Build Error" window saying "Failed to script uVision build tools". Pressing the "View Error..." button gives me the following "Detailed Output":

Call Library Function Node in UVSC_OpenConnection.vi->UVSock_Start_Daemon.vi->

UVSock_Start.vi->UVControl_Start.vi->LEP_RV_Build.vi->LEP_RV_Run_Debug.vi->

LEP_RV_Debug.vi->LEP_RV_Run.vi->LEP_RV_Run.vi.ProxyCaller (7)

Until I exit this window "the uVision Status LED" within the "Processor Status" is Orange!

I would really appreciate help to overcome this situation I do not understand so I could proceed with programming the ARM board via LV instead of via uVision. Examples in uVision compile and work OK, so theere must be a problem between the LV-ARM and the native toolchain.

Thank you in advance,

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(7,397 Views)

Is it possible that the problem is I have installed Keil MDK 4.13a instead of the shipped MDK 3.70 (MDK370.EXE)?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(7,387 Views)

Hi golubovski,

It might be an issue with the Keil MDK 4.13a...check out this thread:

http://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW-Embedded/uVision-Build-Tools-Error/td-p/892541/page/2?requireLogin=F...

The resolution was to uninstall Keil and then reinstal LabVIEW for ARM. Just as an FYI, the latest version of Keil that shipped with LabVIEW for ARM 2010 is uVision V4.03q. Can you try the reinstallation steps and see if you can build then?

Joshua B.
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(7,383 Views)

Josh,

I don't know what to say. The problem appeared in LV2009 and was solved immediately after downgrading uVision to the shipped MDK370. Now I have LV2010 installed with its corresponding MDK403 and the working VI from LV2009 dos not compile anymore with the following report:

[11:39:00] Status: Error
Unexpected error occurred.

[Source: Call Library Function Node in
UVSC_OpenConnection.vi->UVSock_Start_Daemon.vi-
>UVSock_Start.vi->UVControl_Start.vi-
>LEP_RV_PrepareBuild.vi->LEP_RV_PrepareLaunch.vi-
>LEP_RV_OnRun.vi->LEP_RV_OnRun.vi.ProxyCaller
Code: 7]

I will try to again downgrade to MDK370. If it works I will again upgrade to MDK403 and ifnorm you. I would really apreciate if you could update me on this. Given the forum thread you suggested I cannot comprehend that LV2010 for ARM is shipped with an "incompatible" MDK4xx from Keil...? Or is it something obvious in the error msg above that I am missing?

Look forward to hearing from you (considering the holiday period ahead)

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(7,310 Views)

Josh,

Same with MDK370 - uVision LED in the ApplicationStatus window is RED reporting the error:

[12:32:18] Status: Error
Unexpected error occurred.

[Source: Call Library Function Node in
UVSC_OpenConnection.vi->UVSock_Start_Daemon.vi-
>UVSock_Start.vi->UVControl_Start.vi-
>LEP_RV_PrepareBuild.vi->LEP_RV_PrepareLaunch.vi-
>LEP_RV_OnRun.vi->LEP_RV_OnRun.vi.ProxyCaller
Code: 7]

Do you understand the error msg? Could it be an issue with LV2010 for ARM Module? Just in case I am attaching the simple VI communicating with 2LEDs and the LCD (the project itself is 11 Mb RARed).

Hoping to a solution...

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(7,307 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author golubovski

OK, solved it!

If there are remains of uVision3 or one simply preses <OK> in the dialog asking whether to upgrade to uVision3 template after first use of project last saved in uVision3 - there will be a permanent problem like described initially.

Just uninstall both LV for ARM 2010 and Keil uVision 4 toolchain and reinstall them - it will work OK.

Best regards,

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(7,295 Views)