LabVIEW Embedded

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Touch Panel Module or LabVIEW SDK

Hello,

We can use Touch panel module to target Windows CE Boards and LabVIEW SDK to target any 32bit Processor boards (includes Linux Boards).  Which one is better for embedded development? 

SDK is very expensive and probably hard to program than a Windows CE board.  Can anyone please let me know the best approach?  Please let me know if Linux is better or Windows CE.  I am looking to program any off the shelf I/O board which supports Windows CE or Linux, but want to get some guidance regarding the approach towards the LabVIEW software module and the Embedded OS approach before spending time.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(5,905 Views)

While the Touch Panel Module can technically connect to most Windows CE devices, it is actually made specifically for our NI Touch Panel devices.  Because of this, it is not supported for other devices and you may have unexpected behavior.  Your better bet (if possible) is to use Windows Mobile 6 on your device and then use the LabVIEW Mobile Module.  Also, I'm not sure how flexible your embedded solution is, but you also have the option to use the LabVIEW Embedded Module for ARM controllers. 

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(5,887 Views)