LabVIEW Embedded

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

aircraft autopilot with labview

can anybody help me here?:smileyfrustrated:

i need to design and build a autopilot for an aircraft and i need arm microcontroller.

i decided to use labview but as it starts i need a source for doing this with labview and i have questions that i could not find answer for them.

can you help me?

1.can i use labview for such a complex application?

2.i need to use windows CE for my arm,can labview support installing and using CE for arm?(ofcourse i need it for future debuging of the program)

3.i want to use cortex for my project but with the start of cortex-m3.are other types supported like cortex-m3?

4.where can i find a book or ebook or sth like this for learning to work with labview arm?( free ones are better!)

5.any help of autopilot with labview is happily accepted.

i reallyneed your help.

that's very kind of you.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(6,435 Views)

Hi Mos74ph4,

First of all,

do you know that LV for ARM basicly is? (with KEIL RTX, MDK-arm, uVision), no linux/windows CE.

LV for ARM has support for cortex-M*, ARM7 and Cortex-R* (basicly what KEIL uVision supports)

a combination windows CE with LV for ARM does not exist.

With LabVIEW (for CE/linux?), you can make a application like that.

there are no ebooks for LV for ARM (just a couple web pages for creating your own target)

so you'll have to decide again what you want to use, a microcontroller with LV for ARM or a processor with windows CE.

Wouter

Wouter.
"LabVIEW for ARM guru and bug destroyer"
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(6,423 Views)

very thanks to you Wouter

i still need your help

would you answer me,please?

another important questions :

1.what do you suggest me to do?  i work on this complex application with labview or it's better to change my way?

2.cortex-m3 is enough for this project?

3.is it posssible to combine other toolkits or addons with this project? i mean that i must design rf communication or control loop with my desire hardware,can i use other addons to combine with lv arm for this project?

your answer changes my mind and vision 

thanks again wouter

i'm looking forward to hearing from you

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(6,402 Views)

Hi Mos74ph4,

you can use LV for ARM with a microcontroller to realize the application.

you should drop Windows CE then.

On my university I've developed an autopilot with an microcontroller (ATMEL at91h256, or something like that).

that application was developed in C.

The microcontrollers you can use have more performance than the ATMEL i've used back in the days.

In LabVIEW you can make your control loops and communication.

assuming that you have to develope quickly, look at the microcontrollers that are already supported by LV for ARM.

(luminary lm3s8962 and NXP LPC2300 and LPC2400)

the luminary is an cortex-m3, and has PWM (for controlling the servo's of the aircraft)

if you choose an other microcontroller, you have to create a target for it. that would be an project on it self..

Wouter.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(6,391 Views)

hi wouter,

i'm very happy that i could find you on the net

i love to have special friends like youSmiley Happy

it's very nice for me to hearing from youSmiley Happy

it's very great that you've developed an autopilot.you are autopilot man.so fantastic

thanks again for your help

so from your answer i understand that i can use LV to realize the application( and not for design and developing the main complex application ) then i must change to c programming and other softwares.     do you mean it?

ok,if yes,i'll try it and i will put my results here for you

thank you very much

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(6,379 Views)

I did it on my university with C code, you can develop everything in LV for ARM, it creates C code also..

Wouter.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(6,377 Views)

ok

very thanks again

now i found  that there is only one cortex-m3 supported by lv and it's bad.it's from ti

i'm still working to find the best

you are very kind

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(6,360 Views)