LabVIEW Embedded

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to plot an array using waveform graph using lm3s8962

Hi all,

I am trying to plot an analog signal from lm3s8962 EVB to the PC screen using waveform graph. I just simply tried to construct an array with my analog reading at certain sampling rate with timed loop and plot it in a waveform graph. It didn't work. Then, I tried many other ways to generate a waveform graph but it didn't work. I am start to wonder if it is impossible to plot array using waveform graph. I don't know if this is correct.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(6,866 Views)

You absolutely can plot the data to a graph, but in order to help you with this, I need to know if you are trying to plot an array of data all at once, or if you want to have a chart, where you update it point by point, and it keeps a history of the data? Also, please post on here your code that you are doing to try to plot. Thanks,

Scott W

National Instruments
Applications Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(6,859 Views)

For example, something as simple as the one below. In fact, I was going to use RTFIFO to sort of buffer the data but it didn't work. I can't find my original VI so I am just going to put the one below to illustrate my point.
Untitled.jpg

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(6,856 Views)

That looks like it is programmed correctly, I don't see any flaws in what you have in your code, however it is very hard to help debug a jpg. Also, I'm not quite sure as to what you are expecting to see, so please explain to me what you mean by "it didn't work." If you could post the files to a project that has exactly what you are seeing and describe to me exactly what you would like to see and then I'll be able to help much more effeciently.

Scott W

National Instruments
Applications Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(6,842 Views)

Hi,

Here is my vi and project. I am trying to see the analog signal of my accelerometer in a graph. However, with this setup, I can't see anything. It won't update or updated too fast that I can't capture it

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(6,840 Views)

I was able to replicate what you are seeing and I have a work around to get it to work. You are using the ULINK2 J tag as the debug method, but if you change the debug mode to Serial or TCP, you will be able to see the graph updating with the data. You can change the debug mode by going to the properties of the build specification and going to Advance Debug Options. Try TCP first, and make sure that the IP address is set up correctly on your computer as well as the luminary board. The board IP address can be changed in the build specs under Communication Options. If that doesn't work you will want to make sure and istall the luminary drivers as a customized install on the LV for ARM install disc. Then, the serial communication occurs over the USB cable plugged into your PC. If you have any other questions, let me know.

Scott W

National Instruments
Applications Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(6,834 Views)

So does this meansI cant use the JTAG as a debugger if I want the graph?

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(6,830 Views)

At this point, the answer to your question is that if you want to see the graph update you cannot use JTAG as the debugger. You can, however, use a waveform chart and update the chart point by point. The fact that the graph does not update with JTAG debug is a bug in the software that has been reported to R&D. So you can either convert the graph into a chart, or use TCP or serial debug.

Scott W

National Instruments
Applications Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(6,821 Views)