LabVIEW Embedded

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

program LPC2378 with code generated by LabView ARM embedded, without using LabView

I would like to use the C files that are originally generated in LabVIEW ARM embedded module, and use Keil software (or other lower cost) to load these files into custom boards with LPC2378 controller without LabView.  Are there detailed instuctions for this?  I am using version 8.6 and the ARM embedded module is 1.1.  

My reason for this task is boards are being made in a maufacturing facility oversees, and they need to be programmed at their end. 

I read a forum describing the use of  hex files, but not enough detail for me to figure this out.

Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(7,072 Views)

Hello,

A lot of information on how to deploy the software onto the ARM Boards can be found in the LabVIEW Embedded for ARM Porting Guide.

What were you looking at where they talked about using hex files?

Are you going to deploy the same code to all the ARM Boards or do you need to modify the program as well?

Regards,

M. Whitaker
ni.com/support
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(7,055 Views)

Thanks. 

It looks like the ARM porting guide is for programing different targets with LabView.  However,  I need to program the same target (LPC2378) using code generated by LabView ARM embedded, but without using LabView (just Keil uVision MDK-ARM license).  

The hex code was a suggestion on a Keil forum by a person with limited LabView experience, so I am not sure this will work.

Yes, the code will be the same for all the boards.  I do not need to change it.  

Not sure if this is clear, so here are more details of what I have done and what I am looking for.

1. I am able to program my custom boards using LabView ARM embedded module.  My custom boards have the same microcontroller (LPC2378) as on the evalutaion board.

2. Can I program my boards on a computer that does not have LabView or ARM embedded module (but it does have Keil with MDK-ARM license).  The code and target will be the same.  Where do I get the C code, and how to program in uVision without going through LabView?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(7,047 Views)

Hey Bob,

What you're looking to do should be possible. You'll just need to build the application in LabVIEW, then you should be able to use the uVisions command line to deploy the system. As for the C code itself, it gets generated when you build your build specification and you should see it placed in the same directory as your labview project in a folder named the name of your project. For example, if your project were called My ARM Project, you'll see a folder called "My ARM Project" created/updated whenever you build the build specification in that project and it will contain the C Code. To see the code organized logically, after building your build specification, right-click on the ARM target and select "Show Keil uVision". This will open a uVision window in "LabVIEW mode" and you'll be able to see all of the C files associated with you application; your VI specific code will be under a folder titled "VIs". You could also just open the C code files from disk in uVision, which is what you'll need to do if LabVIEW isn't installed. The main LabVIEW project can be found in the built directory described above as the LabVIEW.uvproj file in the "target"/Application/"uvision version"/Project directory. For example my main file was built in MyProject\EK_LM3S8962\Application\4.01\Project. From there, you'll need to follow uVision's process for compiling and deploying the target code from their command line:

Command Line

http://www.keil.com/support/man/docs/uv4/uv4_commandline.htm

Hope this helps!

--Ryan_S

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(7,021 Views)