LabVIEW Interface for Arduino Discussions

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

5 dof imu + labview

how to plot graph of velocity from accelerometer? i having problem that i get a weird graph, not smooth..i tried to use analog filter ...sorry for poor question..i am very new to this..but i am enjoying learning these..

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 11
(4,771 Views)

Hey Zach_warez,

I don't have LV 2013 installed on this computer so I can't look at your code, but are you using the LabVIEW Interface for Arduino?  If so check out the example for analog reading in Help>>Find Examples (search for Arduino).

If you're not using LIFA you should check it out, it sounds like it will greatly simplify what you're doing .

Thanks!

-Sam K

LIFA Developer

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 11
(3,533 Views)

Based on the image shown, it looks like you are using LIFA.  This means that you cannot put in code that will send anything via Serial.  This will prevent LIFA from working correctly.  Like Sammy said, you need to use the Analog Read Pin VI from the LIFA toolkit.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 11
(3,533 Views)

thanx for both i reply...i will try that..but what is the different between using LIFA and VISA?

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 11
(3,533 Views)

it is posible to measure frequency using LIFA or VISA?

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 11
(3,533 Views)

NI-VISA is a driver that National Instruments created and provides serial port access in LabVIEW.  LIFA uses VISA in LabVIEW to send data to and receive data from the Arduino.

-Sam K

LIFA Developer

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 11
(3,533 Views)

thanx sir....could i measure period of oscillation using LIFA? If it possible could you suggest what I should do?thanx...because I need do some presentation in 12hours to go.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 11
(3,533 Views)

The answer depends on the signal that you are measuring.  What signal are you measuring?  What is the expected frequency of the signal? 

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 11
(3,533 Views)

I'm measuring the acceleration using LIFA...I don't know to say.. I think it is voltage input signal...actually my objective is to calculate angular velocity and period of oscillation using accelerometer...

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 11
(3,533 Views)

You will need to be more specific about your system.  What is the physical system that you are measuring and how is the sensor mounted?  What type of signal are you expecting?  Are you expecting a sine wave-like signal?

You will also need to know a ballpark estimate of the frequency to determine if you will be able to accurately acquire the signal (Look up the "Nyquist frequency," sampling rate, and aliasing for an explaination of why you need to know the approximate frequency of the signal you are measuring).

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 11
(3,533 Views)