Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ADXL 345 Sparkfun-- I2c--LabVIEW--Arduino

Thank you ,

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 87
(3,550 Views)

Is there any other functions that you think would be nice to have with this library?

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 87
(3,550 Views)

With I2C everything is fine.I see that pulsein() function needs implementation in Labview for reading pulses and lcd 16x2 vi needs some fix.

Although very nice job .

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 87
(3,550 Views)

There is a suggestion thread around here somewhere that you should post in about pulseIn() so that they know that several people want it.  There is probably a "bugs" thread or something too for issues.

If you have any other specific requests regarding this sensor, feel free to post and I will see what I can do.

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 87
(3,550 Views)

I've updated this library.  I made a mistake in my last one.  I've also added a subVI to read all the axis data.  If any body gets a chance to use this, let me know if it works or doesn't work or if you have any suggestions.

Message 15 of 87
(3,550 Views)

Can anybody send me a working VI for ADXL345? I tried IPIN's VI but it didn't work.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 16 of 87
(3,550 Views)

Those links do not work.  Attach the VIs.

0 Kudos
Message 17 of 87
(3,550 Views)

Adxl VI 1:

adxl345 vi.jpg

Adxl VI 2:

adxl345 vi 2.jpg

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 18 of 87
(3,550 Views)

The default baud rate for the Uno is 115200.  If you want to use different value you have to manually change it in the LIFA firmware.  Otherwise, I don't see any issues.  However, the sensor may need to be set up correctly (setting certain registers and whatnot).  If you have or can find a working Arduino sketch, it will likely set some registers prior to reading any values.

After fixing the baud rate, try reading specific registers individually and see if that works because rusty (who posted earlier) said that it works.

0 Kudos
Message 19 of 87
(3,550 Views)

I believe, I adjusted my default baud rate for 9600 in some point. When I look for ADXL345 sensor here and there I see different ones. Datasheet looks the same though.

But one thing is really confusing. I tied VCC to CS and couple of times I tried to tie SDO to VCC and CS. Basically I tied all of them to 3.3V source.

I have seen somewhere that I2C pins were connected to VCC via some 10K resistors. I have not tried that. Can it be the problem?

The one I have looks like this:

https://www.sparkfun.com/products/9836

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 20 of 87
(3,550 Views)