LabVIEW Interface for Arduino Discussions

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ADXL345 connected to Arduino (SPI) to LabView

Well, you posted in the LIFA (LabVIEW Interface for Arduino) forums so I assumed that you were probably using LIFA.

LIFA and LINX are both free add-ons for LabVIEW for using an Arduino (LINX supports many more types of hardware like chipKIT, RaspberryPi, myRIO, etc.) as a versatile multifunction data acquisition/control device.  So, basically, LINX allows you to use the analog and digital IO including things like SPI, I2C, PWM, etc.  The only major downside is that being so flexible requires a little overhead but it is often not that big of an issue.  There is a quick intro video on the LINX hompage:  http://www.labviewmakerhub.com/linx

But, like I said in my first post LINX is the successor to LIFA so it is not recommended to use LIFA if you can use LINX instead.

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 31
(2,155 Views)

Sorry for that Nathan.

I just installed LINX. Thanks for the link I will watch it.

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 31
(2,155 Views)

Why do I get Error 5003?

It says:

Possible reason(s):

LabVIEW was unable to connect to the LINX device using the following settings: 

Interface: Serial

COM Port: COM3

Please make sure that the LINX firmware is loaded on the device (Tools>>LabVIEW Hacker>>LINX>>Firmware Wizard)  that there are no other open connections to the device, then check the configuration settings, and try again.

If this error persists please search, then post on the LINX forums at www.labviewhacker.com/forums/linx

I downloaded LINX using VPM.

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 31
(2,155 Views)

Did you uploaded the LINX firmware using the firmware wizard?

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 31
(2,155 Views)

I tried that but I was getting a new error. It says VISA can't access.

I have a question. When I upload that LINX firmware using firmware wizard will that overwrite the existing code in my arduinoo?

Also, I am using ATmega328 but it is not available in the LINX Firmware Wizard. What will I do about it?

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 31
(2,155 Views)

Here's the error I was receiving. I used Arduino UNO when I uploaded the LINX Firmware.img.png

Anyway, I am really not sure about the VI I created if it is going to work or not. I just tried putting in LINX and the ADXL345 block and connect them together. Here's how it looks:

img.png

EDIT: I deleted the I/O, Platform, Interface, and Baud Rate from the LINX Initialize. I am now getting another error.

Error 5001 occurred at:

Close.vi>>

Close Device.vi>>

Send Command.vi

Possible Reason(s):

A timeout occured while waiting for the to respond.

0 Kudos
Message 16 of 31
(2,155 Views)

That means that some other program is using that COM port. You need to make

sure that nothing is using that port e.g. the Arduino IDE.

I would also recommend testing your LINX installation using the blink example and not the ADXL345.

0 Kudos
Message 17 of 31
(2,155 Views)

I do not have a led right now. But I opened the Blink (simple) example and tried to run it. First, it prompted me the Error 5003. Then I uploaded again the LINX Firmware. I am now prompted with the Error about the VISA currently cannot access it. LabView is the only application that is open.

0 Kudos
Message 18 of 31
(2,155 Views)

I thought you had an Arduino Uno (which has an LED). What Arduino do you

have?

0 Kudos
Message 19 of 31
(2,155 Views)

ahh yes I forgot that. Sorry.

0 Kudos
Message 20 of 31
(2,155 Views)