LabVIEW Interface for Arduino Discussions

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adaptation of LIFA (LabVIEW Interface For Arduino) to other Arduino compatible boards

Hello evryone,

I am trying to use a ''Sakura board", which is an Arduino compatible board, having similar programming as Arduino. This board is manufactured by Renesas; more specifications on it can be found on the following link: http://sakuraboard.net/gr-sakura_en.html

What I would like to know, is if the firmware used for LIFA to interface Arduino with labview, or the ChipKit firmaware, can be used to this kind of Arduino compatible boards.

My aim, is to use the Sakura Board for acquiring signals from various pins(Be it digital or analog), and setting other pins (Digital) parralelly, using labVIEW, as this is done using LIFA, or LabVIEW interface for ChiKit!!

Thanks in advance for your support.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(3,072 Views)

Busanza,

You could certainly create firmware for that board that accepts LIFA or LIFCK commands.  Unfortunatly the LIFA and LIFCK commands are not particularly well documented but the LabVIEW VIs and Firmware are all open source so you should be able to reverse engineer the protocol. 

I'm currently working on a new project that will provide a more generic protocol for communicating with embedded devices making it easier to support non Arduino compatable boards.  I hope to have a beta by the end of September.

If you're interested in writing firmware for the Renesas board let me know.

Thanks!

-Sam K

Message 2 of 2
(2,495 Views)