LabVIEW Interface for Arduino Discussions

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Analog Camera Vision system.

Hi All,
I am doing an Arduino Project that requires a vision system that runs on labview, The vision system is to detect a fire: colour, flames, ect.

the camera i got is as follows: https://www.sparkfun.com/products/11745,

The arduino im working off is the Mega 2560 R3,

I am having trouble researching a way to stream the camera feed through the arduino onto labview.

I found a bluetooth shield that can stream a usb digital camera, does anybody know of something similar that would work with an analog camera? or is there some other way ov achieving this?

Anny feedback is appreciated. Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,360 Views)

Hey Leon,

Unfortunatly using that camera with an Arduino, while possible will be unbearably slow.

The LabVIEW Vision Development Module includes many vision processing functions as well as drivers to use common USB and IP cameras.  Would it be possible for you to use a USB or IP camera connected directly to the PC running LabVIEW?

Thanks!

-Sam K

LabVIEW Hacker

Join / Follow the LabVIEW Hacker Group on google+

Message 2 of 4
(2,881 Views)

Hi Sammy,

Ya thats what I was thimking I woukd have to end up doing, thanks for the feedback.

Regards

Leon

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,881 Views)

No problem Leon.  If you need an embedded controller you could use an NI myRIO.  You can use most USB webcams with myRIO and still use LabVIEW and the Vision Development Module to do vision processing on the myRIO.

Good luck!

-Sam K

LabVIEW Hacker

Join / Follow the LabVIEW Hacker Group on google+

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,881 Views)