LabVIEW Interface for Arduino Discussions

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Analog Read with Event Structure

Hello everyone,

I am using event structure to control two dc motor PWM signal via arrow keys, my problem is when I set event structure time out value to 'never time out' #-1# VI does not read analog values from my sensors(unless I push one of the arrow keys). If I set it to 0 my sensors works fine but then arrow keys works as swtich when pressed then turns off immediadetly. How can I make it read my analog values when time out is set to 'never time out'.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,470 Views)

When posting VIs, first save them for LabVIEW 2009 so other people can open them.

So, having not seen your code, using "never timeout" means that no code will be run because the event structure will wait until there is an event indefinitely.  So, if an event never occurs, nothing will ever happen forever, literally.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,815 Views)

hello I see you're trying to enter commands to the computer keyboard and associate it with a structure of events when you press a key, if so check out this link, I hope it will be useful

http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/CA411647F224787B86256DD000669EFE

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,815 Views)

I also attached a code to handle events associated to press a button on the front of the application

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,815 Views)