LabVIEW Interface for Arduino Discussions

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Aquire data from Bluefruit LE 32u with labview

Hi All,

I am working on a project where i am using the Bluefruit LE 32u to aqruire data from a MAX3675 thermocouple and accelertion using the accelerometer ADXL377. I found an example of labveiw of a way to discover near by Low energy bluetooth devices. I am also using the BLED112 dongle that appears as a serial port on labview. i was able to dicover the BLE and connect to it, but i was unable to identifiy the acutal data from the BLE.

when i read the buffer i revieve somthing like this

"uit Bluefruit LE 0E2C€# žÊÜ$ å©à“ó£µ Adafruit Bluefruit LE€# "

where i am suppoed to recieve tempreture readings and acceleration.

would someone help or guide me with a way to modify the IV to recieve the actual data?

i am attatching the code.

thank you

Hamza

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(3,523 Views)

Hello Hamza,

In order to properly decode the string output, you'll need the documentation for the devices.  You can then use the string manipulation tools in LabVIEW to parse the string into it's different components.  It looks like part of your string needs to be "cast" to probably a numeric using the Type Cast Method.

With this, 0E2C€# translates to 7.17396E-10 which seems like a reasonable value.  But you'd need the documentation to know for sure if the entire block is "data" or if a some bytes are used as checks. 

---------------------
Patrick Allen: FunctionalityUnlimited.ca
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(3,017 Views)

Hi Hamaz,  iv've downloaded yor vi there are some missing subvi's can you upload them as rar     Thank you,   regards, Venu

Venugopal
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(3,017 Views)