LabVIEW Interface for Arduino Discussions

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Arduino Blinking Example with Labview

Hi Guys,

I recently tried my hand on Arduino Interface in Labview ,i have successfully developed my Water Control application. but i am unalbe to figure out how to make simple blinking program in Labview. How to add delay in the loop?

Kinldy help.. or if you have sample vi. then plz share..

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(16,969 Views)

What are you wanting to blink?  If you are referring to the default LED on pin 13 then you can simply set the pin to 1 for on and 0 for off.  If you don't have any time critical code in your loop (unlikely) then you can use one of the simple delay VIs to cause it to blink (of course you will need to alternate 1 and 0 for the pin).

If you have other functions in the loop that need to be executed more frequently then you should use time elapsed method to create the blinking.  You can either do this manually or you could use one of the express VIs to do it (I think it's called "time elapsed" or something like that).

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(9,366 Views)

I want to blink an LED attached at pin 5 using time delay function of Labview. I am unable to do that. You said to use time elapsed, but damm i dont know how to use it with Arduino.

I made a simple blinking of LED without arduino, but with arduino i am facing problem. Arduino does not communicate when i used time elapsed. Any help?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(9,366 Views)

For the reference, i have attached my code

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(9,366 Views)

To make it blink on it's own you have to alternate the the value that is written to the pin (not with a switch or button).  Here is an example of it blinking but like I said before, will only work correctly if you don't have any other Arduino functions that need to be executed more frequently.

Message 5 of 6
(9,366 Views)

Hello,

i have a similar problem. I have the vi in the appendix. So I can dim an LED on the Arduino uno.

However, I want the LED flashes at a certain clock. The LED should light after one second for 0.2 seconds.

How can I achieve this?

Thank you for your Help.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(9,366 Views)